Heat pump water heater rebate
If it’s time to replace your water heater, consider upgrading to a high-efficiency electric heat pump model – they are up to 200 per cent energy efficient and use warmth from ambient air to heat water in the storage tank.
Before beginning work, make sure you qualify for this rebate by reviewing the Program Rebate Requirements, as outlined in the terms and conditions and the eligibility and rebate details below.
- You must be a residential FortisBC or municipal electricity customer of Grand Forks, Penticton, Summerland or Nelson Hydro.
- The home must be a single-family, duplex, row, townhouse or mobile home on a permanent foundation.
- Your existing water heater must be a standard electric storage tank in working order. Emergency replacements are not eligible for a rebate.
- The heat pump water heater must be the home's primary source of hot water.
- The heat pump water heater must be installed by a Technical Safety BC licensed contractor with a valid GST number and BC business licence.
- Applications must be submitted within six months of the invoice date.
- Additional eligibility requirements apply.
- You must have registered for a promo code by December 31, 2020.
- The heat pump water heater must be installed and invoice dated between October 1, 2020 and March 31, 2021.
- Include your promo code on your application. Note: the double rebate will be applied after your application is review and approved.
Additional requirements for double rebates
Review the terms and conditions
Ask your contractor to help you find an eligible heat pump water heater.
Note: BC Hydro customers with electrically heated homes may be eligible for similar rebates.
High-efficiency heat pump water heater
How to apply
- Decide what eligible upgrades are best suited for your home and budget with help from your contractor.
- Apply online within six months of your invoice date with the following information:
- your FortisBC electricity account number, or municipal electricity account number from Grand Forks, Penticton, Summerland or Nelson Hydro
- your email
- scanned copies of all paid invoices showing details of all work performed, including:
- the purchase date
- installation permit numbers (if applicable)
See a sample invoice for heat pump water heaters.
- If you’re not the utility account holder (e.g. property is a rental), have the account holder complete the consent form.
- Applications may take up to 90 days to process.
Note: the rebate application link takes you to Account login. Once you’ve registered and/or logged in you can start your rebate application.
For tips on using the online rebate application, read our how-to guide.
We’re here to help
If you have questions, contact us at 1-855-909-2329 or email@example.com.
This program is funded in part, by the Province of British Columbia and the Government of Canada.
Rebate bundle: Home renovations
Heat pump water heater rebate