Natural gas for power generation
We’re helping companies achieve environmental and economic goals with liquefied natural gas (LNG) for remote heat and power generation.
Cost-savings and environmental benefits of natural gas power generation
You could save up to 40 per cent on power generation costs by switching to LNG from diesel. And in addition to reducing costs, you can reduce your carbon footprint as well.
Because natural gas is the cleanest-burning fossil fuel, it can help customers decrease their carbon dioxide emissions, compared with diesel and other higher-carbon fuel options. It can also help improve the air quality in your community, as LNG emits virtually no particulate matter (the harmful microscopic component of air pollution that penetrates deeply into the lungs).
Power Generation Incentive Program
We recognize the additional cost of an LNG generator can be a barrier for some companies. With our power generation incentive, we can make it more affordable for you to switch—so you can be saving money on your energy bills every month.
Incentives will be calculated on a case-by-case basis.
- companies operating remote heat and power generators in BC
- Equifax Credit Information Score of 30 or less
- Equifax Payment Index of 45 days or less
Incentive awards will be made at the entire discretion of FortisBC.
- Complete the application form and send it to [email protected] by 11:59 p.m. (PST) on December 31 of each year to be eligible for the specific incentive period. Note: the base incentive declines each year so we encourage you to apply as early as possible.
- Successful applicants must sign a conversion contribution agreement with FortisBC. To get the contribution agreement, please contact Tyson Jerry, sales manager, low carbon transportation and LNG business growth, by calling 604-576-7224 or emailing [email protected].
- After we’ve received the signed contribution agreement, you can submit a purchase order to [email protected] for a natural gas power generator or natural gas conversion kit.
Incentive application deadline: December 31
We’re here to help
If you have any questions, please contact:
Manager, customer solutions NGT and regional LNG