Customer Choice gas marketer resources
If you want to become an independent gas marketer in BC, the information and application forms you’ll need are on this page. You’ll also find links to the Gateway for Energy Marketers (GEM) and useful information for ongoing use as a gas marketer.
Specifications, rules and guides for gas marketers
- Code of Conduct for Gas Marketers
- Gas Marketers' Guide
- Rate Schedule 36 Commodity Unbundling Service
- Rules for Gas Marketers
- Dispute Guidelines
- Marketer Flat File Interface Specifications
- Identity and Usage Specifications and Trademark License Agreement
You can also review the Customer Choice brochure available for customers: It's your choice - understand your options before you sign a consumer agreement
To become a gas marketer:
- Complete the Application for a License to Market Natural Gas and submit it to the BCUC.
- Enter into a rate schedule 36 commodity unbundling service agreement with FortisBC. You’ll need to complete the following forms:
Gateway for Energy Marketers
Licensed, authorized gas marketers use Gateway for Energy Marketers (GEM) to enroll customers, drop customer contracts and log disputes.
Before you use GEM, read the Gateway for Energy Marketers User Guide for Gas Marketers