The cookies used on FortisBC’s website may collect information including the following:
- Your IP address;
- Your Account Online user ID (first party cookies only);
- Information about your device (such as device type and screen size) and the type of internet browser you use;
- Your geographical location (city and country only);
- The referring site (if any) through which you accessed our website;
- Information about how you interact with our website, including the pages you visit, search terms you enter, and links you clicked on; and
- The time and date on which you visited our website.
Some of the cookies used by FortisBC are third party cookies. For example, FortisBC uses third party analytic tools such as Google Analytics to help us monitor our traffic, and collect information about how you interact with our website. These third party cookies help FortisBC monitor the usage and performance of our website, and improve the user experience. We do not use this information to identify you as an individual. For more information on our third party cookie providers, and how those third party cookies collect and use information, please click here.
We also use third party cookies to target appropriate audiences for our advertisements across the internet. These cookies collect and use information on an individual level about what pages you’ve visited on FortisBC’s website, and which FortisBC advertisements you’ve been exposed to. They are used to ensure we deliver our advertisements to relevant and appropriate audiences, and to help measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. We do not use this information to identify you as an individual. This information may be shared with third parties who deliver advertising on behalf of FortisBC. You may opt-out of such advertising activities following the process set out by each third party provider here.