Energy-efficiency tools for natural gas business customers
We have free tools to help you understand your energy usage. The first step is to assess how much energy you’ve been using, so you have a benchmark. Next, talk to your FortisBC account manager or review our tips and tools to determine where you can improve. Then track your progress on a regular basis.
Benchmarking with Account Online
Reviewing your building’s historical energy use can help you identify areas for improvement, increase energy-efficiency awareness and help you develop an energy management action plan.
To review your building’s detailed consumption history:
- Log in or register for Account Online.
- Click on the Billing menu and select Export billing information.
- Click the text file or spreadsheet radio button to select the file format to export to. Select the time period you want and click on the Download button.
Benchmarking with ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager for businesses and property owners
ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager is a free web-based tool for benchmarking your building’s energy performance. It offers several tools including reports and graphs to help you review your building’s energy performance and natural gas consumption, and compare your building’s energy performance with similar buildings.
We make benchmarking easier by helping you upload your natural gas consumption data directly to your Portfolio Manager account.
- You must be a FortisBC commercial rate schedule natural gas customer.
- You must register for a free ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager account with Natural Resources Canada.1
- You must agree to the terms and conditions regarding sharing your natural gas consumption data with Portfolio Manager.2
Track energy performance with ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager
Getting started with Portfolio Manager
- FortisBC quick start guide to help you set up automatic data uploads to Portfolio Manager
- Portfolio Manager login and help
- ENERGY STAR training resources, including webinars, PowerPoint presentations and videos
- Natural Resources Canada support and resources for benchmarking with Portfolio Manager
Reducing your energy use
High-efficiency appliancesGet new high-efficiency commercial cooking equipment, space heaters, water heaters and more, and save big with our rebates up to $45,000.
Tips and toolsSimple changes like adjusting occupancy schedules, changing setpoints or having your heating system serviced can add up to big energy savings.
Sign up for Renewable Natural GasReceive a credit on your BC carbon tax by designating up to 100 per cent of your natural gas as renewable.
1FortisBC does not own, license or provide user support for Portfolio Manager software. FortisBC’s role is to help customers access and upload their natural gas consumption data to Portfolio Manager.
2Data uploaded to Portfolio Manager is stored outside of Canada by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, under the control of Natural Resources Canada.