On January 1, 2023, FortisBC's electric rates increased by 3.98 per cent.
Bi-monthly residential service:
- Customer Charge $42.42 based on 60 day billing period.
- Electricity use is billed at 13.266¢ per kilowatt hour (kWh)
Small commercial service:
This rate is for non-residential customers whose electrical demand is generally not more than 40 kW and can be supplied through one meter.
- Customer Charge $52.17 for a 60 day billing period.
- All kWh are billed @ 11.340¢ per kWh.
This rate is for non-residential customers whose electrical demand is generally greater than 40 kW but less than 500 kW and can be supplied through one meter.
- Customer Charge $61.24 based on 30 day billing period.
- Demand Charge of $12.88 per kW of billing demand above 40 kW
- All kWh billed at 7.827¢ per kWh.
The majority of FortisBC’s customers are classified under the rate listings above. However, FortisBC has a number of other rate classifications. If you would like to read a complete listing of all FortisBC Rates and terms and conditions for Service, please review FortisBC's Electric Tariff.
The above rates are subject to a 1.5% late payment charge.