Move or remove a natural gas line
If you need to move or remove your natural gas service because you’re renovating or demolishing a building, please submit your request as soon as possible.
Moving a natural gas service line
If you’re renovating and need your natural gas service moved, or if you’re landscaping and changing the grade of your land, please call us:
- 1-888-224-2710 (choose Construction Services) Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Apply early: we’ll need a minimum of six to eight weeks to complete the work.
Removing a natural gas line
You’ll need the following information when you submit your removal request:
- the address of the building where natural gas service is being removed
- a FortisBC account number (If you don’t have one, you’ll need to set one up while completing the online request form or when speaking with a customer service representative.)
- business number, if you’re representing a business
- landlord’s contact details, if you’re renting or leasing
After you submit your request it generally takes two to six weeks to complete the removal of your service. If we need to do more complex planning (including site visits), the removal process may take longer.
Or call us at 1-888-224-2710 (choose Construction Services)
Monday-Friday 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.