Natural Gas Customer Design Build Program
We created the Customer Design Build Program because we know you want to complete your project as quickly as possible.
This program allows you to work directly with an approved engineering service provider and an approved civil contractor. By taking an active role in the design and installation of your natural gas mains, you can save time and money.
- increases your control over timelines
- eliminates the need to install buried conduits, which reduces your costs
- reduces the number of crews installing shallow utilities in a subdivision, eliminating the risk of damage
- can include all four utilities in a single layout drawing
- eliminates post-construction damage caused during service excavations
- can make efficient use of easements and rights of way on ever-shrinking lots and narrowing utility corridors
Who should use this program?
The program is best suited for builders or developers of residential subdivisions, or commercial or industrial park projects.
Ready to get started? Have questions?
For natural gas projects, contact your Energy Solutions Manager for more information or to start the process.
For electrical projects in FortisBC’s electric service territory, visit our Electric Customer Design Build Program page for contact information.