Web Information Nomination System
The Web Information Nomination System (WINS) is an interface that allows users to enter nominations and schedule natural gas receipts for all areas of British Columbia including the Lower Mainland, Interior, Columbia and Vancouver Island. WINS provides the user with the ability to generate and view billing reports, inventory reports and daily consumption reports to effectively manage the gas supply needs of customer.
Note: FortisBC only supports WINS for use with Internet Explorer, but it may work with another browser such as Firefox or Safari.
You can access a basic version of WINS on your mobile device. This version allows the user to view and enter in nominations. Due to the limitations of the size of the screen, viewing reports is not currently an option.
To access the mobile version, open the login page and click on the Mobile WINS link at the top right hand corner. Use the same login and user name information as you would on your regular computer.
A quick guide to using WINS
View your nominations for a particular gas day
- Go to the Nominations tab.
- In the Gas Day field, you can manually amend the date or click on the calendar icon to select the date required.
- Click the Search button to retrieve the date to view the nominations.
Enter a new nomination
- In the nominations screen select the date on which you want to create the new nomination. Click on the New button.
- Select a date or date range, as well as Group, Location, Reference and nominated quantity and click Submit.
- Your new nomination will be displayed and highlighted in green.
If you’ve attempted to submit a nomination but don’t see it in the system, call the Transportation Services hotline at
Enter a nomination for a single day, rather than the entire month
- Unlike Spectra’s nomination system where a single gas day has a start and end date over two days, in WINS, a nomination for a single day has a start and end date with the same day.
- For example: to enter a nomination for March 1, the start date and end date would both be March 1. A nomination for the entire month of March would have a start date of March 1 and an end date of March 31.
Amend an existing nomination
- Select an existing nomination you wish to amend, click the Copy button, amend the desired fields and click Submit.
- The updated nomination will be displayed and highlighted in green.
Copy an entire gas day
- In the nominations screen, select the gas day you would like nominations to be copied to.
- Click the Copy Gas Day button and select the gas day you would like to copy from.
- Click the Copy button and all of the nominations from the date selected will be copied to the new gas day with a status of NEW.
- Amend the copied nominations as required and hit submit.
Note: the Copy Gas Day feature only works for previous gas days, not future ones.
Cycles in the gas day and nomination deadlines
A ‘gas day’ is 24 hours from 7:00 to 7:00 (PST). There are five cycles in the gas day and each has a corresponding deadline:
- Timely - submission deadline 11:00 PST (day out)
- Evening - submission deadline 16:00 PST (day out)
- Intra-day 1 - submission deadline 08:00 PST (day of)
- Intra-day 2 - submission deadline 12:30 PST (day of)
- Intra-day 3 - submission deadline 17:00 PST (day of)
Burn, inventory and billing reports are updated daily by 6am. Unless system problems occur, data should be updated daily for each customer in WINS. All data displayed in WINS is in gigajoules (GJs).
Burn reports are available in an XLSX format. Inventory and billing reports are available in a PDF and CSV format.
- The Burn reports in WINS contain daily measurement quantities for each customer in the group. Measurement data can be displayed as one of the following:
- Non-metered – estimates (coded in red): an indication that there might be a problem with the customer’s automatic meter reader (AMR) or possibly is a disconnected phone line.
- Metered reads – non billable (coded in blue): the AMR is calling in with data every day, however it has not yet been finalized or approved by FortisBC’s measurement group.
- Metered – billable (coded in green): the measurement data is approved and finalized, which is done as part of the month end process. When the entire group is colour-coded green and the percentage metered-billable status is 100%, this means the group is 100% billable.
Important: in the burn report, yesterday’s gas day is always an estimate. When the data is gathered in the system, the gas day is not complete, so the previous gas day will always be an estimate based on the consumption 7 days prior.
- There’s a column called “Total calculated receipts” in your inventory report.
- To determine what the Total Calculated Receipts are, see the corresponding billing report for the month in question. The quantities could be:
- Daily or Monthly Balancing Gas sold
- Daily Balancing Premium Surcharges
- UOR under 5%
- UOR over 5%
- A Prior Period Adjustment can occur after a month has been closed for billing.
- Adjustments can be incurred due to a late customer move out, a problem with the registering meter, or corrected consumption after the fact.
We’re here to help
We can help with issues relating to gas transportation and nominations on the FortisBC system or any of our subsidiary pipelines, including marketers' direct gas supply nominations and other FortisBC service offerings.
Industrial billing hotline for large commercial and industrial customers
For questions regarding your FortisBC bill, talk to an industrial billing representative: