Gas marketer complaints and contract disputes
We’re here to provide information and to assist you with logging a dispute if you have a complaint that can’t be resolved by contacting your gas marketer directly. However, FortisBC is not a party to your gas marketer dispute. Logged disputes are sent to the British Columbia Utilities Commission (BCUC) for mediation and adjudication.
The BCUC will investigate complaints about the business practices of gas marketers as outlined in the Rules for Marketers and Code of Conduct for Gas Marketers.
Complaints about gas marketer business practices
If you don’t have a contract with a gas marketer but wish to log a complaint about a gas marketer’s business practices, you can do so at the BCUC website.
Disputing your contract with a gas marketer
- If you have a concern or problem, you should first attempt to resolve it by contacting your gas marketer directly.
- If would like to dispute the validity of your gas marketer’s contract, you can log a dispute—see directions below.
- This dispute process is limited to FortisBC customers with gas marketer contracts that are part of the Customer Choice Program. It is not for customers who have entered into transportation services agreements with a gas marketer.
Please refer to your natural gas bill to determine if you’re part of the Customer Choice Program. Under "Commodity charges" you’ll see a gas marketer name with an agreement end date.
Overview of dispute process
Logging a dispute online
You can also log a dispute by calling
If you have an open dispute, you can:
- Log in to view your dispute
- Submit your supporting or rebuttal evidence by: