Variable speed drive rebates
If your commercial or industrial facility uses equipment such as HVAC, kitchen exhaust, compressors or irrigation pumps, retrofitting existing motors or fans with variable speed drives can help adjust speed to the need, reduce wear and tear on motors, and save on energy costs for your business.
- You must be a commercial, industrial or irrigation FortisBC or municipal electricity customer of Grand Forks, Penticton, Summerland or Nelson Hydro.
- You must be an owner or long-term leaseholder of an existing commercial or industrial building.
- You must submit an application and supporting documentation no later than 365 days after the purchase date of the product(s) (as shown on the paid invoice) or installation date, whichever is first.
Only retrofits of existing equipment with variable speed drives are eligible for rebates.
|Variable speed drives||20 hp or greater||$80 per motor hp||
|less than 20 hp||$100 per motor hp|
How to apply
- Purchase and install qualifying equipment.
- Apply online for your variable speed drive rebate or email your completed rebate application and supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- your FortisBC electricity account number or municipal account number from Penticton, Summerland, Grand Forks or Nelson Hydro
- your email
- scanned or PDF copies of all paid receipts for the purchase and installation of products relevant to the rebate you are applying for
Ensure all receipts are marked “paid,” clear, legible, itemized and indicate relevant information such as brand, model number and any other required information in your application.
Start your rebate application
Save on variable speed drives for irrigation
We also offer rebates on variable speed drive retrofits for irrigation pumps.
You may be able to claim a rebate at the time of purchase when you buy products through businesses listed below. These businesses may also be able to help you identify which products are rebate-eligible:
|Mearl’s Machine Works||Kelowna||250-763-0109|
We’re here to help
If you have questions, call 1-866-436-7847 or email email@example.com.