Thermal curtain rebates
Some North American growers use up to 75 per cent of their energy just for heating their greenhouses, but installing thermal curtains can help you save costs, improve growing conditions and reduce heat loss.
- You must be a FortisBC natural gas customer under any rate class except Rate 1.
- You must be an owner or long-term leaseholder of an existing commercial or industrial building or a builder/developer or owner of a new commercial or industrial construction project.
- Your facility must use natural gas as an input to industrial production.1
- You must submit an application and supporting documentation no later than 365 days after the purchase date of the product(s) (as shown on the paid invoice).
To qualify for rebates, your facility should be:
- used to grow food (such as peppers, cucumbers or tomatoes) or flowers (including potted plants)
- use only natural gas for heating
- new construction or an existing greenhouse
If replacing existing thermal curtains, they must be at least five years old.
If you grow other types of crops, or use other fuels for heating your greenhouse, please contact us.
|Thermal curtains||$0.35 per square foot||
How to apply
- Contact Thomas Montgomery to discuss your project and acquire a thermal curtain rebate application. Your rebate application must include a copy of a paid invoice showing the product type, quantity, make, model number and total installed cost (before tax).
- Purchase and install qualifying equipment.
- Email the completed and signed application form and scanned copies of all supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once approved, you should receive your rebate in six to eight weeks.
We’re here to help
If you have questions, contact your key account manager for agriculture and food and beverage processors:
1Industrial production is a manufacturing or transformative process in which raw materials are transformed into finished goods for the purpose of resale with the use of machines, tools and labour.
2The performance of thermal curtains varies between models and manufacturers.