Commercial lighting rebates for non-profit organizations
If you’re a co-op or Indigenous housing provider, or a non-profit or charity providing services to income-qualified people, take advantage of our rebates on commercial high-efficiency lighting products.
- You must be a commercial FortisBC or municipal electricity customer of Grand Forks, Penticton, Summerland or Nelson Hydro.
- You must be a registered charity providing assistance to income-qualified persons, or a housing provider that is:
- a local government
- housing society registered under the Societies Act
- a housing co-op registered under the Cooperative Association Act or
- a governing body of an Indigenous band, provided the housing is primarily for income-qualified households
- You must be either the registered owner, long-term leaseholder, or property manager of the premises.1
- You must submit an application and supporting documentation no later than 365 days after the purchase date of the product(s) and install the product within 180 days of submitting the application and supporting documentation.
If the type of lighting you are looking for is not on the list, email us at email@example.com. We will look into your request and evaluate it for future inclusion.
Rebates are available to both new construction and retrofit projects unless otherwise stated in the product requirements.
|LED T8 lamp, 2 ft (up to 10W)
||$2.50 per lamp
|LED T8 lamp, 3 ft (up to 13W)
$5 per lamp
|LED T8 lamp, 4 ft (up to 13W)
||$5 per lamp|
|LED T8 lamp, 4 ft (14 to 22W)||$5 per lamp|
|LED T8 lamp, 8 ft (up to 43W)
||$5 per lamp
|LED T5HO lamp, 4 ft (up to 30W)
||$8 per lamp|
|LED 2 or 4 pin downlights (up to 14W)||$7 per lamp||
|LED 2 or 4 pin downlights (15 to 20W)||$10 per lamp|
|LED HID screw-in replacement (up to 100W)||$20 per unit per lamp||
|LED HID screw-in replacement (101W to 250W)||$30 per unit per lamp|
LED interior luminaires
|LED interior troffer (up to 40W)||$40 per luminaire||
|LED interior troffer (41 to 80W)||$56 per luminaire|
|LED linear ambient luminaire (up to 50W)||$40 per luminaire||
|LED linear ambient luminaire (51 to 100W)||$50 per luminaire|
|LED ENERGY STAR fixture (up to 40W)||$24 per unit per luminaire||
|LED low-bay luminaire (50 to 100W)||$84 per luminaire||
|LED low-bay luminaire (101 to 150W)||$98 per luminaire|
|LED high-bay luminaire (up to 200W)||$110 per luminaire|
|LED high-bay luminaire (201 W to 250W)||$150 per luminaire|
|LED high-bay luminaire (251 to 300W)||$200 per luminaire|
LED exterior luminaires
|LED exterior luminaires (up to 30W)||$55 per luminaire||must be listed and approved by DesignLights Consortium (DLC) (https://www.designlights.org/search/) and be categorized as outdoor|
|LED exterior luminaires (31W to 60W)||$76 per luminaire|
|LED exterior luminaires (61W to 90W)||$100 per luminaire|
|LED exterior luminaires (91W to 120W)||$115 per luminaire|
|LED exterior luminaires (121W to 200W)||$140 per luminaire|
|LED exterior luminaires (201W to 300W)||$180 per luminaire|
|LED exterior luminaires (301W to 500W)||$220 per luminaire|
LED street lights and exterior pole / arm mounted luminaires
|LED area and roadway luminaires (up to 60W)||$60 per luminaire||
|LED area and roadway luminaires (61 to 90W)||$90 per luminaire|
|LED area and roadway luminaires (91 to 120W)||$120 per luminaire|
|LED area and roadway luminaires (121 to 200W)||$150 per luminaire|
|LED area and roadway luminaires (201 to 300W)||$185 per luminaire|
|LED area and roadway luminaires (301 to 530W)||$220 per luminaire|
LED refrigeration case lighting
|Low temperature refrigerated display case LED lighting||$4 per linear foot||
|Medium temperature refrigerated display case LED lighting||$4 per linear foot|
LED backlit signage
|LED signage||$12 per linear foot||
|Occupancy sensor||ceiling or wall-mounted||$35 per control||
|switch-plate or fixture-mounted|
|Photocell sensor||$24 per control||
How to apply
- Purchase and install eligible equipment/products. Note: some products may be eligible for point-of-sale FortisBC rebates. Visit our Trade Ally Network equipment supplier directory and look for this icon.
- Alternatively, apply online for your lighting rebate with the following information:
- your FortisBC electricity account number or municipal account number from Penticton, Summerland, Grand Forks or Nelson Hydro
- your email
- scanned or pdf copies of all paid receipts for the purchase and installation of products relevant to the rebate you are applying for
- Ensure all receipts are marked “paid,” clear, legible, itemized and indicate relevant information such as brand, model number and any other required information in your application.
Start your rebate application
Planning renovations in a multi-unit residential building?
Want your social housing multi-unit residential building to be more energy efficient? You can get funding for an energy study, project implementation support and rebates on a wide range of energy efficiency measures through the Social Housing Retrofit Support Program.
Point-of-sale instant rebates
Looking to purchase high-efficiency equipment and products directly from a supplier? Check out our Trade Ally Network commercial equipment supplier directory. These businesses can help you identify FortisBC rebate-eligible products and participating point-of-sale partners with the icon may offer our rebates at the point of sale. Search the directory.
We’re here to help
1Property managers can apply for rebates on behalf of owners if they have legal authority and permission to bind them to the terms and conditions.