Commercial energy assessment program
The safety of our partners and you, our customers is paramount during this time. Therefore, due to COVID-19 restriction, there may be possible delays in scheduling and/or performing the energy assessments.
Your business can receive a free walkthrough energy assessment conducted by an authorized FortisBC consultant. This assessment will identify low- and no-cost energy conservation measures, potential energy efficiency upgrades for you to consider and available rebates from FortisBC.
Eligible apartment building owners can also receive a free energy assessment from the Rental apartment efficiency program.
- You must be a commercial FortisBC natural gas and/or electricity customer or municipal electricity customer of Grand Forks, Penticton, Summerland and Nelson Hydro.1
- You must be the owner or long-term leaseholder of a medium-sized business or small industrial/manufacturing facility.
The energy assessment will help small and medium-sized commercial and industrial customers identify low- and no-cost energy conservation improvements they can make in their businesses and facilities.
After a walkthrough assessment with a FortisBC authorized consultant, you’ll receive a report outlining potential energy efficiency upgrades and information about FortisBC rebates to help save on the cost of upgrading to high-efficiency equipment.
How to apply
- Complete and submit the energy assessment application.
- If your building qualifies, you’ll be contacted by a FortisBC authorized consultant to schedule your energy assessment. Allow at least 30 days to process your application.
- On the day of the energy assessment, ensure you’re available for the full day to provide access to your building or facility and all relevant equipment.
- Within 60 days of the assessment, the consultant will send you the report and review the results with you.
- Within 30 days of receiving the report, a FortisBC representative will also contact you to discuss the report findings and next steps.