Join the Electrical Contractor Program
The FortisBC Electrical Contractor Program connects contractors with customers who are looking for safe, energy-efficient equipment installation and service. We encourage licensed electricians, window and door installers or heat pump contractors in our electricity service area to join.
Benefits of Electrical Contactor Program membership
By joining the Electrical Contractor Program, you’ll receive:
- a listing on our searchable online directory to help potential customers find you
- training opportunities in new high-efficiency products and technologies
- advance notice of FortisBC rebates for your customers that can help them save money on installing high-efficiency equipment
Who can join?
The program is open to contractors offering the following products and services in our electricity service area:
- Space and water heating: including central and air source heat pumps; ground source or geothermal heat pumps; electric boilers, furnaces and baseboard heaters; in-floor radiant heating; and solar hot water
- Appliances: including refrigeration systems and commercial food services
- Building envelope: including air sealing, draftproofing and duct testing; insulation; and windows and doors
- Electrical services: including lighting and controls; upgrade services; subpaneling; and tune-ups, maintenance and repairs
- Solar, irrigation and other services: including solar hot water; solar PV panels; irrigation; pools and hot tubs; and pumps and motors
Attention: if you install or service electric HVAC equipment or are a commercial lighting contractor in FortisBC’s electricity service area, you may join the FortisBC Trade Ally Network, which promotes safe, energy-efficient equipment installation and service. Learn more about the benefits and how to apply to join the Trade Ally Network.
How to apply
- Review the program terms and conditions.
- Complete the contractor program application form and attach copies of the following:
- Technical Safety BC electrical contractor licence (if applicable)
- refrigeration mechanic certificate (if applicable)
- business licence for each community you operate in
- proof of liability insurance ($2 million minimum)
- proof of WorkSafeBC or third-party disability coverage
- Submit your signed application and scanned copies of documents to email@example.com. We’ll review your application and notify you of your acceptance by mail.
We’re here to help
If you have questions about our rebates or participating in this program, contact us online or call us at 1-866-436-7847.