Free Energy Saving Kit
Join the thousands of income-qualified British Columbians saving energy and money with a free Energy Saving Kit. From faucet aerators and weather stripping to LED bulbs, the kit helps customers save on heating, hot water and lighting at home. Find out if you qualify.
Every energy-saving effort contributes to meeting our 30BY30 target of reducing greenhouse gas emissions by 30 percent by 2030.
- You must have a residential electricity account with one of the following utilities:
- BC Hydro, FortisBC, New Westminster, Grand Forks, Summerland, Penticton or Nelson Hydro
- Your combined household income must be below the maximum shown for your household size.
Household size Maximum household income 1 person $35,800 2 people $44,500 3 people $54,700 4 people $66,500 5 people $75,400 6 people $85,000 7 or more people $94,700
Details about the Energy Saving Kit
The Energy Saving Kit is filled with easy-to-install products (instructions included), such as:
- an LED night light and four LED light bulbs
- a water-efficient showerhead
- kitchen and bathroom faucet aerators
- window film
- outlet and switch sealers
- a refrigerator/freezer thermometer
- a furnace filter coupon
Limit of one kit per household once every five years.
How to apply
FortisBC and BC Hydro work together to offer the Energy Saving Kit, so apply to your electricity provider.
- Gather the following information:
- your electricity account number
- the number of people in your household
- your total income for all household members over 18
- Complete and submit the online application to your electricity provider:
Note: the FortisBC rebate application link takes you to Account login. Once you’ve registered and/or logged in you can start your rebate application. Hint: we recommend using Google Chrome® for the best experience. For more tips on using the online rebate application, read our how-to guide.
- BC Hydro or New Westminster electricity customers
- FortisBC electricity or Grand Forks, Summerland, Penticton or Nelson Hydro customers
- Please allow three to six weeks for application processing and delivery of your kit.
- If you have questions or would like to request a kit by phone, call FortisBC at 1-855-909-2331 or BC Hydro at 1-800-BCHYDRO (1-800-224-9376) or 604-224-9376 in the Lower Mainland.
Rebate bundle: Income-qualified programs
Free Energy Saving Kit