EV Charger Incentive Program for multi-unit residential buildings and workplaces
We’re offering funding for the installation of level 2 electric vehicle (EV) chargers at eligible commercial properties.
- Funding is available to FortisBC direct-billed electricity customers. Those billed by their municipalities (Nelson, Grand Forks, Summerland and Penticton) are ineligible.
- Eligible commercial properties include multi-unit residential buildings (MURBs) such as condominiums (and other types of strata housing) and apartment buildings, workplaces (for employee-owned EVs) and fleets (employer-owned EVs).
- Program applicants must be the FortisBC account holder for the premises where the EV charging station and its related EV supply equipment are installed.
- Funding is available for both new buildings and retrofits.
- The program provides funding for MURBs, workplaces (for employee-owned EVs) and fleets (employer-owned EVs).
- Applicants can apply for a FortisBC-funded contribution of $1,920 per level 2 EV charger, capped at seven chargers per site.
- Program participants must agree to be billed by FortisBC for a minimum charge.
Participants will be billed at minimum for the revenue that the assumed consumption and demand per charger would yield on an annual basis. When a charging station yields less than this amount of revenue within a one-year period from the energization date, participants will receive a bill for the shortfall.
- The funding from this program can be applied for in tandem with the CleanBC rebate.
- The key difference between the CleanBC rebate and FortisBC’s program is:
- CleanBC rebates are for retrofits on homes built no later than August 31, 2021.
- FortisBC funding is available for both new buildings and retrofits.
How to apply
Please complete and submit our online form to begin the application process. A representative will contact you with further information to continue the process.
Applications to the program must be received before June 30, 2026.
FortisBC electricity customers1 may be eligible for an additional rebate of up to $5,000 per station with the CleanBC Home and Workplace EV Charging Program for level 2 EV charging stations located in condos, apartment buildings and workplaces.
Plus, up to five hours of free advice and planning assistance from an EV advisor is available.
We’re here to help
If you have questions about the EV Charger Incentive Program for multi-unit residential buildings and workplaces, contact us at 1-866-436-7847 or [email protected].
1Includes Grand Forks, Penticton, Summerland and Nelson Hydro.