On July 18, 2018, the BC Utilities Commission (BCUC) approved FortisBC’s request to keep the interim rates set on January 1 as permanent rates for 2018. This means customers will see no change to their electricity rates in 2018.
Bi-monthly residential service:
- Customer Charge $32.09 based on 60 day billing period.
- First 1,600 kWh are billed @ 10.117¢ per kWh.
- Additional kWh are billed @ 15.617¢ per kWh.
Small commercial service:
This rate is for non-residential customers whose electrical demand is generally not more than 40 kW and can be supplied through one meter.
- Customer Charge $38.80 based on 60 day billing period.
- All kWh are billed @ 10.195¢ per kWh.
This rate is for non-residential customers whose electrical demand is generally greater than 40 kW but less than 500 kW and can be supplied through one meter.
- Customer Charge $16.48 based on 30 day billing period.
- Demand Charge of $8.60 per kW of billing demand above 40 kW
- First 8000 kWh are billed @ 8.663¢ per kWh.
- Balance of kWh are billed @ 7.191¢ per kWh.
The majority of FortisBC’s customers are classified under the rate listings above. However, FortisBC has a number of other rate classifications. If you would like to read a complete listing of all FortisBC Rates and terms and conditions for Service, please review FortisBC's Electric Tariff.
The above rates are subject to a 1.5% late payment charge.