On November 5, 2018, the BC Utilities Commission (BCUC) approved FortisBC's request to keep the 2018 rates in effect as the interim rates pending a decision on permanent 2019 rates, and this means customers will see no change to their electricity rates in January.
FortisBC has applied to the BCUC to keep these rates permanent for 2019 and this is now under regulatory review. This decision may result in a bill adjustment for customers. The last FortisBC rate change took place in 2017.
Bi-monthly residential service:
- Customer Charge $32.09 based on 60 day billing period.?
- First 1,600 kWh are billed @ 10.117¢ per kWh.
- Additional kWh are billed @ 15.617¢ per kWh.
Small commercial service:
This rate is for non-residential customers whose electrical demand is generally not more than 40 kW and can be supplied through one meter.
- Customer Charge $38.80 based on 60 day billing period.
- All kWh are billed @ 10.195¢ per kWh.
This rate is for non-residential customers whose electrical demand is generally greater than 40 kW but less than 500 kW and can be supplied through one meter.
- Customer Charge $16.48 based on 30 day billing period.
- Demand Charge of $8.60 per kW of billing demand above 40 kW
- First 8000 kWh are billed @ 8.663¢ per kWh.
- Balance of kWh are billed @ 7.191¢ per kWh.
The majority of FortisBC’s customers are classified under the rate listings above. However, FortisBC has a number of other rate classifications. If you would like to read a complete listing of all FortisBC Rates and terms and conditions for Service, please review FortisBC's Electric Tariff.
The above rates are subject to a 1.5% late payment charge.