Variable speed drive rebates for non-profit organizations
If you’re a co-op or Indigenous housing provider, or a non-profit or charity providing services to income-qualified people, take advantage of our rebates on commercial variable speed drives, also called variable frequency drives, for retrofitting existing motors or fans. Variable speed drives can help adjust speed to the need, reduce wear and tear on motors, and save on energy costs.
- You must be a commercial FortisBC or municipal electricity customer of Grand Forks, Penticton, Summerland or Nelson Hydro.
- You must be a registered charity providing assistance to income-qualified persons, or a housing provider that is:
- a local government
- housing society registered under the Societies Act
- a housing co-op registered under the Cooperative Association Act or
- a governing body of an Indigenous band, provided the housing is primarily for income-qualified households
- You must be either the registered owner, long-term leaseholder, or property manager of the premises.1
- You must submit an application and supporting documentation no later than 365 days after the purchase date of the product(s) and install the product within 180 days of submitting the application and supporting documentation.
Only retrofits of existing equipment with variable speed drives are eligible for rebates.
|Variable speed drives||20 hp or greater||$112 per motor hp||
|less than 20 hp||$140 per motor hp|
How to apply
- Purchase and install eligible equipment/products. Note: some products may be eligible for point-of-sale FortisBC rebates. Visit our Trade Ally Network equipment supplier directory and look for this icon.
- Alternatively, apply online for your variable speed drive rebates with the following information:
- your FortisBC electricity account number or municipal account number from Penticton, Summerland, Grand Forks or Nelson Hydro
- your email
- scanned or pdf copies of all paid receipts for the purchase and installation of products relevant to the rebate you are applying for
Note: the rebate application link below takes you to Account login. Once you've registered and/or logged in you can start your rebate application. Hint: we recommend using Google Chrome® for the best experience.
For more tips on using the online rebate application, read our how-to guide.
Point-of-sale instant rebates
Looking to purchase high-efficiency equipment and products directly from a supplier? Check out our Trade Ally Network commercial equipment supplier directory. These businesses can help you identify FortisBC rebate-eligible products and participating point-of-sale partners with the icon may offer our rebates at the point of sale. Search the directory.
We’re here to help
1Property managers can apply for rebates on behalf of owners if they have legal authority and permission to bind them to the terms and conditions.