Energy specialist funding
We fund energy specialist positions to work with large commercial natural gas customers on projects that will result in significant energy savings.
- You must be a FortisBC commercial rate class natural gas customer.
- You must consume at least 30,000 gigajoules of natural gas per year.
- You must have completed energy-efficiency projects within the past 12 months.
- If located in a FortisBC electricity service area and applying for electricity rebates, you must consume a minimum of 10 gigawatt hours of electricity per year.
- Preference will be given to customers who have:
- a significant number of potential projects that will result in large natural gas savings and are eligible for FortisBC energy-efficiency rebates
- participated in a FortisBC energy assessment
- an existing BC Hydro energy manager who has been with the organization for at least six months
- completed or drafted a Strategic Energy Management Plan signed off by BC Hydro
Hiring a FortisBC-funded energy specialist can help your company:
- develop and execute projects that result in natural gas savings
- participate in FortisBC rebate programs to realize cost savings
- work with your BC Hydro energy manager on projects that result in both natural gas and electricity savings
How to apply
- Determine your organization’s eligibility by reading the frequently asked questions.
- Complete the Energy Specialist Program application.
- We’ll verify if your company meets the eligibility criteria and follow up with you if additional information is required.
Note: the application link below takes you to Account login. Once you’ve registered and/or logged in you can start your application. Hint: we recommend using Google Chrome® for the best experience.