Connect to gas and natural gas wall furnace rebates: eligible systems
To receive Connect to Gas rebates on natural gas wall furnaces, natural gas heating systems and combination heating and hot water systems, please ensure you’re installing systems that meet the criteria outlined below.
Please refer to full program terms and conditions.
The furnace must be installed with a two-pipe direct vent system and be:
- an ENERGY STAR® (Version 4.0) certified natural gas furnace rated 95 per cent annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE) or higher
- an equivalent furnace that must:
- be rated 95 per cent AFUE or higher
- have a variable volume electronically commutated motor (ECM) or X-13 motor
- be listed with Natural Resources Canada
- a natural gas furnace specifically designed for mobile home use and rated 95 per cent AFUE or higher
The boiler must be:
- ENERGY STAR certified and rated 94 per cent AFUE or higher
- an ENERGY STAR certified combination boiler system used for both space and domestic water heating and rated 94 per cent AFUE or higher
Combination heating and hot water systems
- an ENERGY STAR certified natural gas combination boiler system used for both space and domestic hot water heating rated 94 per cent AFUE or higher
- eligible P9 certified combination heating and hot water units (tankless water heater/air handler combination)
Direct vent wall furnace
All new natural gas direct vent wall furnaces that meet BC code requirements are eligible.
Water heating systems
All new natural gas water heating systems that meet BC code requirements are eligible.
Additional rebates of $200 to $1,000 on eligible high-efficiency water heaters are available through our ENERGY STAR® water heater program. (Additional terms and conditions apply.)