Light-duty natural gas vehicle incentives
Passenger cars, pickup trucks and other light-duty vehicles certified for fuel storage pressure of 3,600 pounds per square inch (PSI) can be fuelled with FortisBC’s compressed natural gas (CNG). Take advantage of the cost savings and environmental benefits of choosing natural gas over gasoline or diesel fuel.
About the program
Purchase a new, factory-built CNG vehicle or convert an existing vehicle to CNG and you could be eligible for a financial incentive. Terms and conditions apply—please review them on the application.
There are two FortisBC CNG fuelling stations where you can fuel a light-duty vehicle:
Kelowna: 2935 Acland Road
Surrey: 16705 Fraser Highway
The incentive may be up to $10 per gigajoule (or $0.347 per gasoline litre) based on estimated consumption over a one-year period, up to a maximum total depending on the gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR). For example, the maximum grant for a light-duty vehicle less than 10,000 GVWR is $2,500.
The maximum incentive available is $10,000.
Applicants must be:
- purchasing a factory-built natural gas vehicle (NGV) or converting a vehicle (five years old or newer) to natural gas that meets federal emissions and air quality requirements. Aftermarket conversion equipment must be installed by qualified shops.
- using the vehicle in FortisBC's natural gas service area.
Note: if your vehicle is not designed and certified for fuel storage pressure of 3,600 PSI, you will not be able to fuel at our facilities.
Eligible vehicles include:
- passenger cars
- pickup trucks
- cargo vans and minivans
Note: If you’ve already received an incentive for the vehicle under the Light-duty natural gas vehicle incentive program or any other FortisBC program, it won’t be eligible for further incentives.
How to apply
- Complete and sign the application, after reviewing the full terms and conditions (which are on the application form). You also need to include a copy of the:
- BC Motor Vehicle Branch registration, and
- NGV bill of sale or lease agreement or conversion invoice
Scan and email the forms and documentation to: [email protected] or mail the forms and documentation to:
NGT Sales Support
FortisBC Energy Inc.
16705 Fraser Hwy
Surrey, BC V4N 0E8
There is no close date for this program. You should receive an automated email response confirming our receipt of your application and our anticipated response time for processing your application.
Qualified conversion specialists
Qualified conversion specialists who can convert your vehicle to run on CNG include: