How to request a natural gas line
Our online service request application is the fastest way to find out if natural gas is available at your location, get a natural gas line installation cost estimate, and schedule the installation.
Not sure if you need to request a new natural gas line, or simply sign up for an account? Follow the guide below:
Residential customers & builder developers
- Use our interactive natural gas service map to see if natural gas is available in your neighbourhood.
- Apply for natural gas service and schedule a natural gas line installation. You’ll need to provide your drivers’ license number, or your BC identification or passport number.
- Have a licensed gas contractor connect your natural gas appliances after FortisBC installs your natural gas line and meter.
Contractors requesting natural gas service on behalf of homeowners
- You can submit the request under your company’s name. You’ll be billed for any natural gas consumption while the account is in your company’s name.
- After the installation is completed, please call us at
1-888-224-2710to close the account. The homeowner should then call us to open their new account.
Business, commercial & industrial customers
- Complete our natural gas service request form for new or additional gas service. You’ll need to provide your business number.
- We’ll contact you with a price quote, review the service agreement with you and get your approval before scheduling the installation.
- Three to six weeks is the minimum time needed to complete installation after you submit your gas line installation request.
- If we need to do a site visit and/or additional planning before the installation, the process will take longer.
- If we need to do a gas main extension, installation time could be 13 weeks or more.
Find an approved natural gas contractorYour licensed natural gas contractor can help you decide which appliances are best for your home or business, and which are eligible for rebates.
We’re here to help
If you’d like to change information on your application or you have questions, please contact us.
Monday-Friday 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.