Home renovation bonus rebates
High-efficiency upgrades such as insulation, windows and doors, space and water heating and fireplaces can help you reduce your ongoing energy costs and improve the comfort of your home. And when you make two or more eligible upgrades, you could get a bonus rebate.
Before beginning work, make sure you qualify for this rebate by reviewing the Program Rebate Requirements, as outlined in the terms and conditions and the eligibility and rebate details below.
- You must be either:
- a residential FortisBC natural gas and/or BC Hydro customer
- a residential FortisBC or municipal electricity customer of Grand Forks, Penticton, Summerland or Nelson Hydro
- The home must be a single family, duplex, row, townhouse or mobile home on a permanent foundation.
- Additional eligibility requirements for each upgrade apply.
Review the terms and conditions
Choose two or more eligible upgrades from the list below to be eligible for the home renovation bonus rebate of $300. If you hire a program-qualified energy advisor to perform an pre- and post-upgrade EnerGuide®* home evaluation and make three or more upgrades you could be eligible for up to $2,300 in rebates.
*EnerGuide is an official mark of Natural Resources Canada.
Choose eligible upgrades
See individual rebate pages for full details and requirements for each upgrade:
- insulation (must amount to a minimum $500 rebate value per location):
- exterior wall cavity
- exterior wall sheathing
- windows and doors (a minimum of five installed)
- space heating (choose one):
- air source heat pump
- natural gas ENERGY STAR® furnace
- natural gas ENERGY STAR boiler
- natural gas ENERGY STAR or P9 combination heating and hot water system
Note: as combination systems provide both space and water heating, they are automatically eligible for the two-upgrade bonus
- water heating (choose one):
- EnerChoice® fireplace (must replace an existing gas fireplace in the premises)
|Pre-upgrade EnerGuide home evaluation||$200||
|Post-upgrade EnerGuide home evaluation||$100|
|Home energy improvement bonus||$20 per 1% improvement in your home’s EnerGuide rating, up to $2,000||
1Ensure your post-upgrade home evaluation occurs within 18 months of your pre-upgrade evaluation.
How to apply
- Decide what eligible upgrades are best suited for your home and budget with help from your program-qualified energy advisor and/or contractor.
- Apply online for individual upgrades and bonuses within six months of completing your installations with the following information:
- your FortisBC natural gas and/or electricity account number, or municipal electricity account number from Grand Forks, Penticton, Summerland or Nelson Hydro
- your email
- scanned copies of all paid invoices showing details of all work performed, including:
- purchase date
- installaton permit numbers (if applicable)
See the pre and post EnerGuide evaluation sample invoice and supplementary documentation requirements for more details on what to include with your rebate application:
- If you’re not the utility account holder (e.g. property is a rental), have the account holder complete the consent form.
- Applications may take up to 90 days to process.
Start your rebate application
Third-party offers and services
For advice on options and incentives for energy-efficiency upgrades for homes, contact the CleanBC Energy Coach. Energy Coaches are trained energy-efficiency specialists who provide building-science based information about the options and opportunities to improve the energy efficiency of your home or building. Note: FortisBC is not responsible for any advice provided by the energy coach.
Stay safe. Test your home for radon.
Radon is a naturally occurring, odourless gas in the soil that can enter your home through the foundation or plumbing. Exposure to radon is the leading cause of lung cancer among non-smokers. The only way to know if your home has a radon problem is to test. Learn more about the health risks of radon and home testing and mitigation.
Best practice guide for air sealing and insulation retrofits
Insulation must be installed in accordance with the BC Housing’s Best practice guide for air sealing and insulation retrofits.
We’re here to help
If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us:
Natural gas customers - 1-855-909-2329
Electricity customers - 1-855-909-2331
This program is funded in part, by the Province of British Columbia and the Government of Canada.
Rebate bundle: Home renovations
Home renovation bonus rebates