Rebate bundle: Home renovations
Door & window rebates
Door & window rebates
Upgrading to ENERGY STAR® certified doors and windows can help you reduce heat loss from your home and save on your energy bills.
- You must be either:
- a residential FortisBC natural gas and/or BC Hydro customer
- a residential FortisBC or municipal electricity customer of Grand Forks, Penticton, Summerland or Nelson Hydro
- The home must be a single-family, duplex, row, townhouse or mobile home on a permanent foundation.
To be eligible, you should be replacing existing doors and/or windows on the exterior of your home with ENERGY STAR certified versions. Each rough opening in which doors or windows are replaced counts as one door and/or window. A bay window, which may be made up of several individual window sections, counts as one window. Skylights are not eligible for a rebate.
|ENERGY STAR door or window||$50 per door or window, up to $1,000|
How to apply
- Decide what eligible upgrades are best suited for your home and budget with help from your program-qualified energy advisor and/or contractor.
- Apply online within six months of completing your installations with the following information:
- your FortisBC natural gas and/or electricity account number, or municipal electricity account number from Grand Forks, Penticton, Summerland or Nelson Hydro
- your email
- scanned copies of all paid invoices showing details of all work performed, including the purchase date, make, model and installation permit numbers (if applicable)
Invoices for door and window rebate applications should also describe the work completed (e.g. replacement of 10 single-pane windows), the number of windows and doors installed, Canadian ENERGY STAR qualification of each window/door and the U-factor rating (must be 1.22 W/m2-K or less) from the ENERGY STAR label of each window/door. See a sample invoice for doors and windows.
- If you’re not the utility account holder (e.g. property is a rental), have the account holder complete the consent form.
- Allow up to 90 days to process your application.
Third-party offers & services
EfficiencyBC is a free service offered by City Green Solutions, a third-party, non-profit organization. It provides homeowners and contractors with information on energy-efficiency upgrades for homes, including:
- Rebates from your local municipality and the Government of BC.
- Energy Coach advice on options and incentives for saving energy. Note: FortisBC is not responsible for any advice provided by the energy coach.
Stay safe. Test your home for radon.
Radon is a naturally occurring, odourless gas in the soil that can enter your home through the foundation or plumbing. Exposure to radon is the leading cause of lung cancer among non-smokers. The only way to know if your home has a radon problem is to test. Learn more about the health risks of radon and home testing and mitigation.
Best practice guide for air sealing and insulation retrofits
Insulation must be installed in accordance with the BC Housing’s Best practice guide for air sealing and insulation retrofits.
We’re here to help
For questions about home renovation rebates, email email@example.com or call 1-877-740-0055.
This program is funded in part, by the Province of British Columbia and the Government of Canada.