Radiant tube and unit heater rebates
If you need to heat a large space with high ceilings, such as a warehouse, garage or showroom, rebates for installing high-efficiency natural gas unit heaters and infrared tube heaters can help you save on natural gas costs while keeping staff and customers warm and comfortable.
- You must be a FortisBC natural gas customer under any rate class except Rate 1.
- You must be an owner or long-term leaseholder of an existing commercial or industrial building or a builder/developer or owner of a new commercial or industrial construction project.
- You must be using the unit heater for space or process heating.
- You must submit an application and supporting documentation no later than 365 days after the purchase date of the product(s) (as shown on the paid invoice).
To be eligible for rebates, heaters must use natural gas, be located in a conditioned space and be installed in either existing or new construction buildings.
|Condensing unit heater||$7.50 per MBH||
|Single-stage or high-intensity infrared heater||$800 per unit||
|Two-stage infrared heater||$1,100 per unit||
Note: the maximum rebate available is 75% of the product costs before tax.
How to apply
- Purchase and install equipment that meets rebate requirements.
- Email your unit heater rebate application and supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- A copy of the paid product invoice showing product type, quantity, make and model number and total cost before tax. The model number must be clearly displayed on the invoice. If we’re unable to tell what model was installed, we may request a product specification sheet.
- A copy of the installation invoice (if applicable).
Start your rebate application
You may be able to claim a rebate at the time of purchase when you buy products through businesses listed below. These businesses may also be able to help you identify which products are rebate-eligible:
|AgPro West Supply Ltd.||Abbotsford||604-746-5376|
|AH Plumbing & Heating||Abbotsford||604-853-2513|
|Precision Farm Supplies Ltd.||Abbotsford||778-809-4858|
We’re here to help
If you have questions, contact your key account manager or energy solutions manager.