Natural gas furnace rebates
Replace your old natural gas commercial furnace with an eligible ENERGY STAR® model and you could qualify for a rebate of up to $1,000 on a high-efficiency furnace. Plus, if you install an eligible connected thermostat, you could qualify for an additional $150 rebate.
- You must be a FortisBC natural gas customer under any rate class except Rate 1.
- Your existing furnace must be at least 10 years old and must not require repairs in excess of $1,000 (pre-tax, including parts and labour). Emergency replacements of a furnace that is not in working order or is deemed unsafe to operate by a licensed gas contractor are not eligible.
- You must install an eligible ENERGY STAR certified furnace with a two-pipe direct vent system, as verified by a photograph included with your application.
- You must have purchased, installed and paid in full for your furnace and thermostat on or after May 1, 2019.
- Connected thermostats must be installed by your licensed contractor at the same time as the new qualifying furnace installation.
- You must submit an application and supporting documentation no later than 365 days after the purchase date of the product(s) (as shown on the paid invoice) or installation date (as listed on the application form), whichever is first.
|95 to 96.9 per cent annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE) furnace||$800 per unit||ENERGY STAR certified furnaces|
|97 to 99 per cent AFUE furnace||$1,000 per unit||ENERGY STAR certified furnaces|
|Connected thermostat||$150||Eligible thermostats|
Other requirements for high-efficiency commercial furnace rebates
Your new heating system must have two-pipe direct venting. One pipe provides directly vented outside air to the sealed combustion chamber, while the second sealed pipe directs exhaust gases outside. This system improves the efficiency and lifespan of the equipment as well as the comfort of your building.
How to apply
- Purchase an eligible ENERGY STAR certified furnace and have it installed with a two-pipe direct vent system by a Technical Safety BC licensed gas contractor. You can find a contractor by searching our online directory.
- Work with your contractor to complete, in full, the furnace rebate application and commissioning sheet.
You must include a photograph of the new two-pipe direct vent system installed in your building or facility (sample 1, sample 2), plus a clear, legible copy of your receipt or fully paid invoice showing the following:
- details of all work performed
- purchase date
- quantity, make and model number of eligible furnace(s) purchased and installed
- installation permit number
- gas contractor’s Technical Safety BC licence number
- any other required information for your application
- Email your completed application and copies of supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start your rebate application
Incentives for gas contractors
Contractors who take part in our Furnace Replacement Program can receive a $100 incentive for each approved customer application.
Limited time incentive
For the first 100 approved customer applications received in 2020, contractors participating in the Furnace Replacement Program can double their incentive to $200.
Help improve our programs
As we work to continuously improve our programs, we will be asking some applicants to provide us with access to their building or facility to verify the installation and operation of the new furnace. This work is carried out by a third-party contractor. Staff will always call in advance to book a site visit appointment with you.