Save water and energy by converting to a drip irrigation system, upgrade the efficiency of your pumps or retrofit pump motors with variable speed drives to reduce wear and tear.
- You must be a commercial, industrial or irrigation FortisBC or municipal electricity customer of Grand Forks, Penticton, Summerland or Nelson Hydro.
- You must be an owner or long-term leaseholder of an existing commercial or industrial building or a builder/developer or owner of a new commercial or industrial construction project.
- You must submit an application and supporting documentation no later than 365 days after the purchase date of the product(s) (as shown on the paid invoice) or installation date, whichever is first.
Only retrofit projects of existing irrigation systems are eligible for rebates.
Drip irrigation systems
Drip irrigation helps reduce evaporation and conserve water.
|Sprinkler to drip irrigation system conversion
|$150 per acre
Variable speed drives (VSD) for irrigation
Variable speed drives help save energy, prevent frequent stops and starts and reduce wear and tear on motors.
|Variable speed drive for booster pump (150 hp or less)
|$100 per pump hp
|Variable speed drive for well pump (300 hp or less)
|$100 per pump hp
Pump system overhaul
Improve your existing pumps to help save electricity costs and extend their lifespan.
|Booster pump overhaul
|$400 per pump
|Well pump overhaul
How to apply
- Purchase and install qualifying equipment.
- Apply online for irrigation rebates with the following information:
- your FortisBC electricity account number or municipal account number from Penticton, Summerland, Grand Forks or Nelson Hydro
- your email
- scanned or PDF copies of all paid receipts for the purchase and installation of products relevant to the rebate you are applying for
- Ensure all receipts are marked “paid,” clear, legible, itemized and indicate relevant information such as brand, model number and any other required information in your application.
For pump system overhaul rebates, include supporting documentation showing:
- pump curves showing the design conditions
- a detailed scope of work of the overhaul
For variable speed drive rebates, include an invoice or supporting documentation showing:
- make and manufacturer
- pump type
- horsepower rating of motor(s) and variable speed drive(s)
- an area map showing physical location(s) of the pumps
Start your rebate application
For more tips on using the online rebate application, read our how-to guide.
We’re here to help
If you have questions, call 1-866-436-7847 or email [email protected].