Horticultural LED lighting rebates
Save energy and money with rebates on horticultural LED lighting for greenhouses and warehouses growing crops such as cannabis, leafy greens, produce and nursery plants.
- You must be a commercial or industrial FortisBC or municipal electricity customer of Grand Forks, Penticton, Summerland or Nelson Hydro.
- You must be an owner or long-term leaseholder of an existing greenhouse or warehouse, or a builder/developer or owner of a new construction greenhouse or warehouse project.
- The building where the lighting is installed must be a greenhouse or warehouse, developed for the purpose of crop growth (fully indoor growing facility).
- The lighting must be purchased on, or after, January 1, 2022 (as shown on the paid invoice) to be eligible for rebates.
- You must install the product(s) within 180 days of their purchase date (as shown on the paid invoice).
- You must submit an application and supporting documentation no later than 365 days after the purchase date of the product(s) (as shown on the paid invoice).
Just because a light is brighter than other types, doesn’t mean it’s good for growing plants. Horticultural LED lighting produces the necessary wavelengths of light needed for plant growth. These wavelengths, called photosynthetically active radiation (PAR), are critical for photosynthesis. PAR is measured as photosynthetic photon flux (PPF). Our horticultural LED lighting rebates are categorized by their PPF output.
|Product||Rebate per fixture||Requirements|
LED ultra-low output lampsPPF >0 and <100 units of micromoles per second (μmol/s)
|$16||Fixtures must be approved and listed on the DesignLights Consortium (DLC) horticultural lighting qualified products list.|
LED low output lamps
PPF >100 to ≤350 μmol/s
LED medium output lampsPPF >350 to ≤1400 μmol/s
LED high output lampsPPF >1400 μmol/s
How to apply
- Review the terms and conditions and ensure you’re eligible.
- Purchase and install qualifying products and apply online with the following information:
- your FortisBC electricity account number or municipal account number from Penticton, Summerland, Grand Forks or Nelson Hydro
- your email address
- scanned or pdf copies of all paid receipts and supporting documentation for the purchase and installation of products
- Ensure all receipts are marked “paid” and are legible, itemized and indicate relevant information such as brand and model number.
- Please allow up to 90 days to process your rebate.
Start your rebate application
For more tips on using the online rebate application, read our how-to guide.
Point-of-Sale Partner Program
Are you a manufacturer or company carrying horticultural lighting fixtures? If so, email us at [email protected] to learn more about our Point-of-Sale Partner Program.