Heat pump and electric water heater rebates
Upgrade to high-efficiency electric HVAC equipment and heat pump water heaters for your commercial or multi-unit residential building to help save money and keep your guests and tenants satisfied.
- You must be a commercial, industrial or irrigation FortisBC or municipal electricity customer of Grand Forks, Penticton, Summerland or Nelson Hydro.
- You must be an owner or long-term leaseholder of an existing commercial or industrial building or a builder/developer or owner of a new commercial or industrial construction project.
- You must submit an application and supporting documentation no later than 365 days after the purchase date of the product(s) (as shown on the paid invoice) or installation date, whichever is first.
Energy efficiency ratings are based on ENERGY STAR® certification requirements, available at energystar.gov and Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE) Tiers for heat pump efficiency, available at ceedirectory.org.
Heat pump water heaters
High-efficiency heat pump water heaters are twice as energy efficient as conventional electric water heaters and help reduce electricity costs for supplying your domestic hot water.
|ENERGY STAR certified heat pump water heater||
$1,000 per water heater
Air source heat pumps help save on electricity costs for heating and cooling.
|Cold climate heat pump||
$500 per ton
|Packaged terminal heat pump||
$80 per unit
|Variable refrigerant flow heat pump||
$600 per ton
Occupancy sensors allow guests to control the temperature of their room when they are inside, but allow you to set back the temperature when the room is unoccupied.
|Hotel guest room occupancy sensor||$90 per packaged terminal heat pump||
How to apply
- Purchase and install eligible equipment/products. Note: some products may be eligible for point-of-sale FortisBC rebates. Visit our Trade Ally Network equipment supplier directory and look for this icon.
- Alternatively, apply online for heat pump and water heater rebates with the following information:
- your FortisBC electricity account number or municipal account number from Penticton, Summerland, Grand Forks or Nelson Hydro
- your email
- scanned or pdf copies of all paid receipts for the purchase and installation of products relevant to the rebate you are applying for
Note: the rebate application link below takes you to Account login. Once you've registered and/or logged in you can start your rebate application. Hint: we recommend using Google Chrome® for the best experience.
For more tips on using the online rebate application, read our how-to guide.
Point-of-sale instant rebatesLooking to purchase high-efficiency equipment and products directly from a supplier? Check out our Trade Ally Network commercial equipment supplier directory. These businesses can help you identify FortisBC rebate-eligible products and participating point-of-sale partners with the icon may offer our rebates at the point of sale. Search the directory.
We’re here to help
If you have questions, call 1-866-436-7847 or email [email protected].