Heat pump and electric water heater rebates
Heat pump water heater and heat pump rebates will be doubled for eligible models purchased between October 1 and December 31, 2020.
Upgrade to high-efficiency electric HVAC equipment and heat pump water heaters for your commercial or multi-unit residential building to help save money and keep your guests and tenants satisfied.
- You must be a commercial, industrial or irrigation FortisBC or municipal electricity customer of Grand Forks, Penticton, Summerland or Nelson Hydro.
- You must be an owner or long-term leaseholder of an existing commercial or industrial building or a builder/developer or owner of a new commercial or industrial construction project.
- You must submit an application and supporting documentation no later than 365 days after the purchase date of the product(s) (as shown on the paid invoice) or installation date, whichever is first.
Energy efficiency ratings are based on ENERGY STAR® certification requirements, available at energystar.gov and Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE) Tiers for heat pump efficiency, available at ceedirectory.org.
Heat pump water heaters
High-efficiency heat pump water heaters are twice as energy efficient as conventional electric water heaters and help reduce electricity costs for supplying your domestic hot water.
|ENERGY STAR certified heat pump water heater||
$1,000 per water heater
$2,000 for eligible products purchased between October 1 and December 31, 2020
Air source heat pumps help save on electricity costs for heating and cooling.
|Cold climate heat pump||
$500 per ton
$1,000 per ton for eligible products purchased between October 1 and December 31, 2020
|Packaged terminal heat pump||
$80 per unit
$160 per unit for eligible products purchased between October 1 and December 31, 2020
|Variable refrigerant flow heat pump||
$600 per ton
$1,200 per ton for eligible products purchased between October 1 and December 31, 2020
Occupancy sensors allow guests to control the temperature of their room when they are inside, but allow you to set back the temperature when the room is unoccupied.
|Hotel guest room occupancy sensor||$90 per packaged terminal heat pump||
How to apply
- Purchase and install qualifying equipment.
- Apply online for heat pump and water heater rebates or email your completed rebate application and supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- your FortisBC electricity account number or municipal account number from Penticton, Summerland, Grand Forks or Nelson Hydro
- your email
- scanned or pdf copies of all paid receipts for the purchase and installation of products relevant to the rebate you are applying for
Ensure all receipts are marked “paid,” clear, legible, itemized and indicate relevant information such as brand, model number and any other required information in your application.
Start your rebate application
You may be able to claim a rebate at the time of purchase when you buy products through businesses listed below. These businesses may also be able to help you identify which products are rebate-eligible:
|Ideal Energy Solutions||Penticton||250-328-4707|
We’re here to help
If you have questions, call 1-866-436-7847 or email email@example.com.