Electric foodservice and laundry equipment rebates for non-profit organizations
If you’re a co-op or Indigenous housing provider, or a non-profit or charity providing services to income-qualified people, such as a charitable facility with full commercial kitchen and laundry services, take advantage of our rebates on high-efficiency and ENERGY STAR® commercial laundry, dishwashing and cooking equipment.
- You must be a commercial FortisBC or municipal electricity customer of Grand Forks, Penticton, Summerland or Nelson Hydro.
- You must be a registered charity providing assistance to income-qualified persons, or a housing provider that is:
- a local government
- housing society registered under the Societies Act
- a housing co-op registered under the Cooperative Association Act or
- a governing body of an Indigenous band, provided the housing is primarily for income-qualified households
- You must be either the registered owner, long-term leaseholder, or property manager of the premises.1
- You must submit an application and supporting documentation no later than 365 days after the purchase date of the product(s) and install the product within 180 days of submitting the application and supporting documentation.
Commercial clothes washers
ENERGY STAR commercial clothes washers are rated to be up to 25 per cent more energy efficient and use about 45 per cent less water than standard commercial models.
|ENERGY STAR commercial clothes washer - electrically heated water||$75 per clothes washer|
|ENERGY STAR commercial clothes washer - natural gas heated water|
Demand controlled ventilation for kitchen exhaust
Demand controlled ventilation systems contain sensors and variable speed drives to automatically adjust the fan speed to match your needs and save energy by minimizing fan speed during slower periods. They can save up to $16,000 in energy costs per year, compared to a standard ventilation system operating at a constant fan speed.
|Demand controlled ventilation exhaust hood, with natural gas space heating||up to 5,000 cubic feet per minute (CFM)||$800 per exhaust hood||
|5,001 to 10,000 CFM||$2,200 per exhaust hood|
|10,001 to 15,000 CFM||$3,800 per exhaust hood|
|Demand controlled ventilation exhaust hood, with electric space heating||up to 5,000 CFM||$2,300 per exhaust hood|
|5,001 to 10,000 CFM||$4,000 per exhaust hood|
|10,001 to 15,000 CFM||$6,600 per exhaust hood|
Electric commercial cooking equipment
ENERGY STAR rated commercial kitchen appliances are more energy efficient than standard models and have features such as better insulation to reduce heat loss and improved temperature control.
|ENERGY STAR convection oven||half||$250 per appliance||
|full||$300 per appliance|
|ENERGY STAR fryer||standard size||$200 per appliance||
|large vat||$850 per appliance|
|ENERGY STAR griddle||$550 per appliance||
|ENERGY STAR hot food holding cabinet||less than 368 L (13 cu. ft.)||$150 per appliance;|
|368 to 793 L (13 to 28 cu. ft.)||$600 per appliance|
|greater than 793 L (28 cu. ft.)||$1,600 per appliance|
|ENERGY STAR steam cooker||3 pan||$1,750 per appliance||
|4 pan||$2,100 per appliance|
|5 pan||$2,450 per appliance|
|6 pan||$2,800 per appliance|
Electric commercial dishwashers
ENERGY STAR commercial dishwashers are rated to be about 40 per cent more energy and water efficient than standard commercial models.
|ENERGY STAR low-temperature single tank door dishwasher||$400 per dishwasher||
|ENERGY STAR high-temperature single tank door dishwasher||$700 per dishwasher|
|ENERGY STAR high-temperature single tank conveyor dishwasher||$1,200 per dishwasher|
|ENERGY STAR high-temperature under counter dishwasher||$1,600 per dishwasher|
How to apply
- Purchase and install equipment that meets requirements.
- Apply online for commercial kitchen and laundry rebates or email your completed rebate application and supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- your FortisBC electricity account number or municipal account number from Penticton, Summerland, Grand Forks or Nelson Hydro
- your email
- scanned or pdf copies of all paid receipts for the purchase and installation of products relevant to the rebate you are applying for
Ensure all receipts are marked “paid,” clear, legible, itemized and indicate relevant information such as brand, model number and any other required information in your application.
Start your rebate application
Planning renovations in a multi-unit residential building?
Want your social housing multi-unit residential building to be more energy efficient? You can get funding for an energy study, project implementation support and rebates on a wide range of energy efficiency measures through the Social Housing Retrofit Support Program.
You may be able to claim a rebate at the time of purchase when you buy products through businesses listed below. These businesses may also be able to help you identify which products are rebate-eligible:
|Canadian Restaurant Supply||Kelowna||250-979-1442|
We’re here to help
1Property managers can apply for rebates on behalf of owners if they have legal authority and permission to bind them to the terms and conditions.