Electric foodservice and laundry equipment rebates
Take a bite out of energy costs by upgrading inefficient commercial laundry, dishwashing and cooking equipment to ENERGY STAR® models and demand-controlled ventilation for your kitchen’s exhaust system.
- You must be a commercial, industrial or irrigation FortisBC or municipal electricity customer of Grand Forks, Penticton, Summerland or Nelson Hydro.
- You must be an owner or long-term leaseholder of an existing commercial or industrial building or a builder/developer or owner of a new commercial or industrial construction project.
- You must submit an application and supporting documentation no later than 365 days after the purchase date of the product(s) (as shown on the paid invoice) or installation date, whichever is first.
Commercial clothes washers
ENERGY STAR commercial clothes washers are rated to be up to 25 per cent more energy efficient and use about 45 per cent less water than standard commercial models.
|ENERGY STAR commercial clothes washer - electrically heated water||$75 per clothes washer|
|ENERGY STAR commercial clothes washer - natural gas heated water|
Demand controlled ventilation for kitchen exhaust
Demand controlled ventilation systems contain sensors and variable speed drives to automatically adjust the fan speed to match your needs and save energy by minimizing fan speed during slower periods. They can save up to $16,000 in energy costs per year, compared to a standard ventilation system operating at a constant fan speed.
|Demand controlled ventilation exhaust hood, with natural gas space heating||up to 5,000 cubic feet per minute (CFM)||$800 per exhaust hood||
|5,001 to 10,000 CFM||$2,200 per exhaust hood|
|10,001 to 15,000 CFM||$3,800 per exhaust hood|
|Demand controlled ventilation exhaust hood, with electric space heating||up to 5,000 CFM||$2,300 per exhaust hood|
|5,001 to 10,000 CFM||$4,000 per exhaust hood|
|10,001 to 15,000 CFM||$6,600 per exhaust hood|
Electric commercial cooking equipment
ENERGY STAR rated commercial kitchen appliances are more energy efficient than standard models and have features such as better insulation to reduce heat loss and improved temperature control.
|ENERGY STAR convection oven||half||$250 per appliance||
|full||$300 per appliance|
|ENERGY STAR fryer||standard size||$200 per appliance||
|large vat||$850 per appliance|
|ENERGY STAR griddle||$500 per appliance||
|ENERGY STAR hot food holding cabinet||less than 368 L (13 cu. ft.)||$150 per appliance;|
|368 to 793 L (13 to 28 cu. ft.)||$600 per appliance|
|greater than 793 L (28 cu. ft.)||$1,600 per appliance|
|ENERGY STAR steam cooker||3 pan||$1,250 per appliance||
|4 pan||$1,500 per appliance|
|5 pan||$1,750 per appliance|
|6 pan||$2,000 per appliance|
Electric commercial dishwashers
ENERGY STAR commercial dishwashers are rated to be about 40 per cent more energy and water efficient than standard commercial models.
|ENERGY STAR low-temperature single tank door dishwasher||$400 per dishwasher||
|ENERGY STAR high-temperature single tank door dishwasher||$700 per dishwasher|
|ENERGY STAR high-temperature single tank conveyor dishwasher||$1,200 per dishwasher|
|ENERGY STAR high-temperature under counter dishwasher||$1,600 per dishwasher|
How to apply
- Purchase and install eligible equipment/products. Note: some products may be eligible for point-of-sale FortisBC rebates. Visit our Trade Ally Network equipment supplier directory and look for this icon.
- Alternatively, apply online for commercial kitchen and laundry rebates with the following information:
- your FortisBC electricity account number or municipal account number from Penticton, Summerland, Grand Forks or Nelson Hydro
- your email
- scanned or pdf copies of all paid receipts for the purchase and installation of products relevant to the rebate you are applying for
Ensure all receipts are marked “paid,” clear, legible, itemized and indicate relevant information such as brand, model number and any other required information in your application.
- Note: if unable to apply online, email your rebate application, along with the supporting documentation listed above to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Point-of-sale instant rebates
Looking to purchase high-efficiency equipment and products directly from a supplier? Check out our Trade Ally Network commercial equipment supplier directory. These businesses can help you identify FortisBC rebate-eligible products and participating point-of-sale partners with the icon may offer our rebates at the point of sale. Search the directory.
We’re here to help
If you have questions, call 1-866-436-7847 or email email@example.com.