Direct contact water heater rebate
Direct contact water heaters heat water as it comes into contact with gases from a natural gas flame and can produce large volumes of sanitary hot water for industrial processes, quickly and efficiently.
- You must be a FortisBC natural gas customer under any rate class except Rate 1.
- You must be the property owner or long-term leaseholder of an industrial facility.
- Your facility must use natural gas as an input to industrial production.1
We offer rebates of up to $50,000 on direct contact water heaters to help laundry facilities, food processors, dairy operations, concrete plants, greenhouses and other industries keep up with demand for hot water and keep natural gas costs down.
|High efficiency direct contact water heater||$5 per MBH, up to $50,000||
How to apply
- Have a gas contractor licensed with Technical Safety BC install your equipment.
- Complete the direct contact water heater rebate application. Your rebate application must include a paid invoice showing the product type, quantity, make, model number and total installed cost (before taxes).
- Once approved, you should receive your rebate in six to eight weeks.
Start your rebate application
For more tips on using the online rebate application, read our how-to guide.