We are always looking for innovative ways to help our customers reduce their green house gas (GHG) emissions while saving energy and money. Working with BC Hydro, the program offers no-cost1 recommissioning consultations to large, commercial buildings to help you save energy and improve operations, without having to undertake a major capital investment. The primary focus of the program is to help you improve the efficiency of your most energy-intensive systems, such as heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC), with simple, low-cost solutions. We’ll work with you to get started and your selected approved consultant will provide advice and support along the way.
It’s all part of our commitment to transform BC’s energy future by helping customers lower their greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and supporting the Province’s Roadmap to 2030.
Only applications that meet all of the following eligibility requirements will be considered:
- You must be a FortisBC commercial rate class natural gas customer and/or a FortisBC electricity customer or municipal electricity customer of Grand Forks, Penticton, Summerland and Nelson Hydro.
- have a BC Hydro Key Account Manager
- be located in the FortisBC electric service territory and have a FortisBC Technical Advisor
- You must be an owner or long-term leaseholder of an existing large commercial or institutional building or facility with a total indoor floor area of at least 40,000 square feet.
- You must have an existing Direct Digital Control (DDC) building automation system with remote access.
- You must not be planning any major renovations to the building or upgrades to its HVAC equipment within the next 12 months.
- You must not have participated in a previous recommissioning program in the last five years.
- You must be prepared to provide on-site support and have the financial resources to implement the recommended cost-effective measures.
- You must have at least one year of FortisBC billing history.
Here’s why building recommissioning may be a good idea for your facility:
- Save energy and operating costs when systems operate optimally for your facility.
- Increase comfort through adjustments to match occupant behaviour.
- Extend equipment life when systems are in sync and operate as intended.
- Ensure improvements persist over the building’s life through following up.
- Improve sustainability by working toward your carbon emission reduction goals.
How to apply