Natural gas wall furnace rebate
A wall furnace – also known as a direct vent room heater – can be added to your home’s existing heating system to reach those cold spots in your garage, basement or workshop, or provide cost-effective heating for a home where the ducts and venting required by a central heating system aren’t feasible, such as a cabin or laneway house.
- All new natural gas direct vent wall furnaces that meet BC code requirements are eligible.
- This program is for existing homes only and is not available for new construction.
- Only one rebate per appliance or system installed per household.
If your home has access to natural gas, get a pre-qualification code and have a wall furnace or wall furnace and water heater installed to be eligible for rebates of $700 or $1,100.
If you install an eligible high-efficiency natural gas water heater, you could receive an additional rebate from $200 to $1,000 through our ENERGY STAR® water heater program.
Plus, as a bonus offer, get an additional $300 rebate when you install a natural gas BBQ, patio heater, outdoor fireplace or fire pit.
|Natural gas direct vent wall furnace||$700||
|Natural gas direct vent wall furnace and water heater||$1,100||
Install a natural gas direct vent wall furnace or natural gas direct vent wall furnace and natural gas water heater and receive a $300 rebate on a natural gas barbeque, patio heater, outdoor fireplace or fire pit.
How to apply
- Obtain a pre-qualification code before submitting your rebate application.
- Ensure you meet the eligibility requirements prior to purchasing any equipment. FortisBC is not responsible for any costs that are incurred as a result of a failure by customer to meet the eligibility criteria or otherwise comply with the terms and conditions.
- Purchase an eligible direct vent wall furnace and optional water heater and/or outdoor appliance and have it installed by a gas contractor licensed with Technical Safety BC. You can find a contractor by searching our directory.
- Complete the required rebate application and have the contractor complete and sign.
Include a copy of your paid invoice(s) showing details of all work performed, including the purchase date, make, model, installation permit number and the gas contractor’s Technical Safety BC licence number.
- Email the completed and signed application with a copy of your invoice, postmarked within 60 days of the installation date of the heating system, to:
FortisBC is not responsible for lost, damaged, incomplete, illegible or delayed applications.
- Applications may take up to 90 days to process.
Incentives for gas contractors
Licensed contractors who install these heating and hot water systems can receive incentives of $100, $150 or $175 for each approved customer rebate application.
Learn more by calling us at 1-877-740-0055 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ensure a quality furnace installation
Having your new heating system installed to quality standards can help provide you with years of comfort and energy savings. Before you buy a natural gas heating system, watch our short video to learn what quality installation means and how to choose a natural gas contractor.
We’re here to help
If you have questions, call us at 1-877-740-0055 or email email@example.com.
Rebate bundle: Connect to gas
Natural gas wall furnace rebate