Natural gas wall furnace rebate
Install a natural gas direct vent wall furnace for efficient heating in a small space, and you could be eligible for a $700 rebate. Add a water heater at the same time for an additional $400 rebate.
You can also apply for an additional rebate of $200 to $1,000 if you install an eligible natural gas high-efficiency water heater.
A wall furnace—also known as a direct vent room heater—can be added to your home’s existing heating system to reach those cold spots in your garage, basement or workshop, or provide cost-effective heating for a home where the ducts and venting required by a central heating system aren’t feasible, such as a cabin or laneway house.
Natural gas customers can choose to sign up for carbon-neutral Renewable Natural Gas, which works seamlessly with regular natural gas appliances like wall furnaces and water heaters.
- You must receive a pre-qualification code before installing your upgrades.
- All new natural gas direct vent wall furnaces that meet BC code requirements are eligible.
- This program is for existing homes only and is not available for new construction.
- Only one rebate per appliance or system installed per household.
If your home has access to natural gas, get a pre-qualification code and have an eligible natural gas direct vent wall furnace or wall furnace and water heater installed to be eligible for a $700 or $1,100 rebate.
|Upgrade||Rebate||Additional water heater rebate||Requirements|
|Natural gas direct vent wall furnace||
|Natural gas direct vent wall furnace and water heater||
Additional water heater rebate
Get an additional rebate of $200 to $1,000 if you install an eligible high-efficiency natural gas water heater. You must apply separately for this rebate through our Natural gas high-efficiency water heater rebates.
How to apply
- Obtain a pre-qualification code before submitting your rebate application.
- Ensure you meet the eligibility requirements prior to purchasing any equipment. FortisBC is not responsible for any costs incurred as a result of a failure to meet the eligibility criteria or otherwise comply with the terms and conditions.
- Purchase an eligible direct vent wall furnace and optional water heater and have it installed by a gas contractor licensed with Technical Safety BC. You can find a contractor by searching our directory.
- If you’re not a gas utility account holder, you’ll need to submit the Utility Account Holder Consent form completed and signed by the account holder.
- Within 90 days of the paid invoice date, submit the wall furnace rebate application and include a copy of your paid invoice(s) showing details of all work performed, including the purchase date, make, model, installation permit number and the gas contractor’s Technical Safety BC licence number. Note: customers who received a pre-qualification code on or before September 14, 2021 must submit their applications within 60 days of completing the work.
Applications may take up to 90 days to process.
Ensure a quality furnace installation
Having your new heating system installed to quality standards can help provide you with years of comfort and energy savings. Before you buy a natural gas heating system, watch our short video to learn what quality installation means and how to choose a natural gas contractor.
We’re here to help
If you have questions, contact us online or call us at 1-855-909-2329.
Rebate bundle: Connect to gas
Natural gas wall furnace rebate