Natural gas wall furnace rebate
Up to $2,600 in rebates available when you pre-qualify for the Wall Furnace Program between October 1, 2022, and December 31, 2023.
Install a natural gas direct vent wall furnace for efficient heating in a small space, and you could be eligible for a rebate of $700 + $500 bonus for a limited time. Add a natural gas water heater at the same time for an additional $400 rebate.
You can also apply for an additional rebate of $200 to $1,000 through our Home Renovation Rebate Program if you install an eligible natural gas high-efficiency water heater.
A wall furnace—also known as a direct vent room heater—can be added to your home’s existing heating system to reach those cold spots in your garage, basement or workshop, or provide cost-effective heating for a home where the ducts and venting required by a central heating system aren’t feasible, such as a cabin or laneway house.
Natural gas customers can choose to sign up for Renewable Natural Gas, which works seamlessly with regular natural gas appliances like wall furnaces and water heaters.
- To qualify for the limited time $500 bonus rebate, you must receive a pre-qualification code between October 1, 2022, and December 31, 2023. The pre-qualification code must be received before installing your upgrades. The current rebate promotion will be terminated once all of the available pre-qualification codes have been issued.
- All new natural gas direct vent wall furnaces that meet BC code requirements are eligible.
- This program is for existing homes only and is not available for new construction.
- Only one rebate per appliance or system installed per household.
- You must apply for your wall furnace rebate within 90 days of your paid invoice date or by June 30, 2024, at the latest. The installation must be completed and have a paid invoice dated between October 1, 2022, and March 31, 2024, to qualify for the $500 bonus rebate
Review all the terms and conditions for Wall Furnace Program rebates and for the limited-time bonus rebates.
Get a pre-qualification code between October 1, 2022, and December 31, 2023, and have an eligible natural gas direct vent wall furnace or wall furnace and water heater installed by March 31, 2024, to be eligible for the $500 bonus rebate. Terms and conditions apply; offer subject to change.
|Upgrade||Rebate||Additional water heater rebate||Requirements|
|Natural gas direct vent wall furnace|
|Natural gas direct vent wall furnace and water heater|
Additional water heater rebate
Get an additional rebate of $200 to $1,000 if you install an eligible high-efficiency natural gas water heater. You must apply separately for this rebate through our Home Renovation Rebate Program.
How to apply
- Obtain a pre-qualification code before submitting your rebate application. You must obtain a pre-qualification code between October 1, 2022, and December 31, 2023, to qualify for the $500 bonus rebate.
- Ensure you meet the eligibility requirements prior to purchasing any equipment. FortisBC is not responsible for any costs incurred as a result of a failure to meet the eligibility criteria or otherwise comply with the terms and conditions.
- Purchase an eligible direct vent wall furnace and optional water heater and have it installed by a gas contractor licensed with Technical Safety BC. To qualify for the bonus rebate, installation must be completed between October 1, 2022, and March 31, 2024. You can find a contractor by searching our directory.
- If you’re not a gas utility account holder, you’ll need to submit the Utility Account Holder Consent form completed and signed by the account holder.
- Within 90 days of the paid invoice date, submit the wall furnace rebate application. To qualify for the bonus rebate, the wall furnace application must be submitted within 90 days of the paid invoice date, but no later than June 30, 2024.
- Include a copy of your paid invoice(s) showing details of all work performed, including the purchase date, make, model, installation permit number and the gas contractor’s Technical Safety BC license number.
Applications may take up to 90 days to process.
Start your rebate application
Note: the rebate application link takes you to your Account Online login. Once you’ve registered and/or logged in you can start your rebate application.
For tips on using the online rebate application, read our how-to guide.
Ensure a quality furnace installation
Having your new heating system installed to quality standards can help provide you with years of comfort and energy savings. Before you buy a natural gas heating system, watch our short video to learn what quality installation means and how to choose a natural gas contractor.
We’re here to help
If you have questions, contact us online or call us at 1-855-909-2329.
Rebate bundle: Connect to gas
Connect to natural gas: space and water heating rebates
Natural gas wall furnace rebate