Natural gas fireplace rebate
If you’re buying a new natural gas fireplace for your house, townhouse or condominium, consider a high-efficiency eligible EnerChoice® model. Plus, for a limited time, we’ve got double rebates—now $600—on fireplaces! To access this double rebate you must register for a promo code by December 31, 2020 and install your new fireplace between Oct 1, 2020 and March 31, 2021.
Before beginning work, make sure you qualify for this rebate by reviewing the Program Rebate Requirements, as outlined in the terms and conditions and the eligibility and rebate details below.
- You must be a residential natural gas customer, and your FortisBC gas account must be in your name.
- The EnerChoice fireplace you purchase must be on our eligible fireplace list. (Note: not all EnerChoice models qualify for a rebate.)
- Only interior installations are eligible for a rebate. Outdoor fireplaces do not qualify.
- The fireplace must be installed a Technical Safety BC licensed gas contractor with a GST number and valid BC business license.
- Applications must be submitted within six months of the invoice date.
- Additional eligibility requirements apply.
- Review double rebates terms and conditions.
- Register for a promo code by December 31, 2020.
- The fireplace must be installed and invoice dated between October 1, 2020 and March 31, 2021.
- Include your promo code on your application. Note: the double rebate will be applied after your application is reviewed and approved.
Additional requirements for double rebates
Review the terms and conditions
- for invoices dated on or after October 1, 2020
- for invoices dated before October 1, 2020
- for double rebates
Rebate eligible fireplaces
Make sure the fireplace you're planning to purchase is eligible for a rebate as not all EnerChoice models qualify. Click on the dropdown menu to search. Only models listed here qualify.
Note: some results may include an asterisk “*” in place of characters. As long as the characters before and after the asterisk match your model number, your model is eligible.
The EnerChoice designation was developed by fireplace manufacturers to identify the most energy-efficient natural gas fireplaces. To qualify for EnerChoice, hearths must have a minimum fireplace efficiency rating of:
- 62.4 per cent or higher for fireplaces
- 61 per cent or higher for inserts
- 66 per cent or higher for freestanding stoves
We offer rebates on the highest efficiency models that meet our requirements.
|EnerChoice natural gas fireplace, insert or freestanding stove||
Was $300 – now $600
|Two-upgrade bonus||$300||Install an eligible EnerChoice natural gas fireplace and make an additional Home Renovation Rebate upgrade and you could qualify for our $300 two-upgrade bonus.
Note: only one fireplace rebate is eligible towards this bonus.
How to apply
- Purchase an eligible EnerChoice fireplace and have it installed by a Technical Safety BC licensed gas contractor with a valid GST number. You can find a licensed gas contractor through our online directory, and fireplace retailers are listed on the EnerChoice website.
- If you are a FortisBC residential natural gas account holder, apply online.
If you are a strata unit owner and the FortisBC natural gas account is in the strata's name, have your strata complete the Utility Account Holder consent form and submit it along with your other documentation when you apply online. You will need to create a FortisBC user ID, but will select "no" when prompted to link a gas account.
- Apply within six months of your invoice date and include a copy of the paid invoice showing details of all work performed, including:
- the purchase date
- make and model number
- installation permit number
- gas contactor's Technical Safety BC licence number
See a sample invoice for fireplaces for specific requirements.
- Applications may take up to 90 days to process.
Start your rebate application
Third-party offers and services
For advice on options and incentives for energy-efficiency upgrades for homes, contact the CleanBC Energy Coach. Energy Coaches are trained energy-efficiency specialists who provide building-science based information about the options and opportunities to improve the energy efficiency of your home or building. Note: FortisBC is not responsible for any advice provided by the energy coach.
If making multiple upgrades consider hiring a program qualified energy advisor to perform a pre- and post-upgrade EnerGuide®* home evaluation.
*EnerGuide is an official mark of Natural Resources Canada.
Additional rebates for replacing a wood stove
The Province of BC and local communities are offering incentives to exchange wood stoves with cleaner burning options such as natural gas fireplaces. These rebates are independent of FortisBC and have their own eligibility criteria. To learn more, visit the Provincial Wood Stove Exchange Program.
We’re here to help
If you have questions, contact us at 1-855-909-2329 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rebate bundle: Home renovations
Natural gas fireplace rebate