Commercial lighting rebates
Our rebates can help you offset the incremental cost of upgrading to high-efficiency commercial LED lighting, signage and controls, and save on electricity costs for the long term.
- You must be a commercial, industrial or irrigation FortisBC or municipal electricity customer of Grand Forks, Penticton, Summerland or Nelson Hydro.
- You must be an owner or long-term leaseholder of an existing commercial or industrial building or a builder/developer or owner of a new commercial or industrial construction project.
- You must submit an application and supporting documentation no later than 365 days after the purchase date of the product(s) (as shown on the paid invoice) or installation date, whichever is first.
If the type of lighting you are looking for is not on the list, email us at email@example.com. We will look into your request and evaluate it for future inclusion.
Rebates are available to both new construction and retrofit projects unless otherwise stated in the product requirements.
|LED T8 lamp, 4 ft (up to 13W)||$5 per lamp||
|LED T8 lamp, 4 ft (14 to 22W)||$5 per lamp|
|LED T5HO lamp, 4 ft (up to 30W)||$8 per lamp|
|LED 2 or 4 pin downlights (up to 14W)||$7 per lamp||
|LED 2 or 4 pin downlights (15 to 20W)||$10 per lamp|
|LED PAR style lamp (up to 12W)||$8 per lamp||
|LED PAR style lamp (13 to 24W)||$10 per lamp|
|LED BR style lamp (10 to 18W)||$7 per lamp|
|LED MR16 style lamp (up to 7W)||$8 per lamp|
|LED HID screw-in replacement (up to 100W)||$20 per unit per lamp||
|LED HID screw-in replacement (101W to 250W)||$30 per unit per lamp|
LED interior luminaires
|LED interior troffer (up to 40W)||$35 per luminaire||
|LED interior troffer (41 to 80W)||$40 per luminaire|
|LED linear ambient luminaire (up to 50W)||$40 per luminaire||
|LED linear ambient luminaire (51 to 100W)||$50 per luminaire|
|LED ENERGY STAR fixture (up to 40W)||$10 per unit per luminaire||
|LED low-bay luminaire (50 to 100W)||$60 per luminaire||
|LED low-bay luminaire (101 to 150W)||$70 per luminaire|
|LED high-bay luminaire (up to 200W)||$90 per luminaire|
|LED high-bay luminaire (201 W to 250W)||$120 per luminaire|
|LED high-bay luminaire (251 to 300W)||$150 per luminaire|
LED exterior and parking garage luminaires
|LED wall pack luminaire (up to 30W)||$30 per luminaire||
|LED wall pack luminaire (31 to 60W)||$60 per luminaire|
|LED wall pack luminaire (61 to 120W)||$70 per luminaire|
|LED parking garage luminaire (up to 70W)||$60 per luminaire||
|LED parking garage luminaire (71 to 120W)||$70 per luminaire|
|LED fuel canopy luminaire (up to 100W)||$60 per luminaire||
|LED fuel canopy luminaire (101 to 250W)||$90 per luminaire|
|LED flood light up (251 to 350W)||$150 per luminaire||
LED street lights and exterior pole / arm mounted luminaires
|LED area and roadway luminaires (up to 60W)||$60 per luminaire||
|LED area and roadway luminaires (61 to 90W)||$70 per luminaire|
|LED area and roadway luminaires (91 to 120W)||$90 per luminaire|
|LED area and roadway luminaires (121 to 200W)||$120 per luminaire|
|LED area and roadway luminaires (201 to 300W)||$150 per luminaire|
|LED area and roadway luminaires (301 to 530W)||$150 per luminaire|
LED refrigeration case lighting
|Low temperature refrigerated display case LED lighting||$4 per linear foot||
|Medium temperature refrigerated display case LED lighting||$4 per linear foot|
LED backlit signage
|LED signage||$5 per linear foot||
|Occupancy sensor||ceiling or wall-mounted||$25 per control||
|switch-plate or fixture-mounted|
|Photocell sensor||$10 per control||
How to apply
- Purchase and install qualifying equipment.
- Apply online for your lighting rebate or email your completed rebate application and supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- your FortisBC electricity account number or municipal account number from Penticton, Summerland, Grand Forks or Nelson Hydro
- your email
- scanned or pdf copies of all paid receipts and supporting documentation for the purchase and installation of products
Ensure all receipts are marked “paid,” clear, legible, itemized and indicate relevant information such as brand, model number and any other required information in your application.
Start your rebate application
You may be able to get a point of sale rebate through contractors on our Trade Ally Network. Speak to a local contractor to see which products are rebate-eligible.
If your organization has a ticketed electrician on staff, contact your regional Technical Advisor with the subject line ‘Lighting rebate’.
We’re here to help
If you have questions, call 1-866-436-7847 or email email@example.com.