My energy use terms and conditions
Earning and Redeeming Points
1. Eligibility. You must: (i) be a FortisBC Inc. or FortisBC Energy Inc. (individually and collectively, “FortisBC”) residential account holder; (ii) receive electric supply under rate schedule 1, 2A and 3A or natural gas supply under rate schedule 1,1B and 1U, (iii) have an active online profile through Account Online; and (iv) sign up, through Account Online to participate in the “My Energy Use” rewards program (the “Program”). You can only sign up for the Program once for each FortisBC account. Re-enrollment is not permitted.
2. Point Accumulation and Redemption.
(a) Start Date. Your ability to earn points towards accounts credits starts when you sign up to participate in the Program and FortisBC verifies your eligibility.
(b) Earning Points. You will receive Program points for completing certain actions and challenges. The actions and challenges, and their corresponding point values, are as set out in the Program activity chart contained in the Program web page (accessible when you are logged into the Program section of Account Online). Activities, challenges and point values are subject to change at any time at FortisBC’s sole discretion.
(c) Redeeming Points. Once you have accumulated at least 1,000 points, you may redeem them for an account credit applied to the next billing cycle to offset the amount owed. 100 points is equal to $1 and redemption is available in increments of $5 only (500 points). Partial redemptions are not permitted.
(d) Leaving the Program. If you cease to be an account holder or cancel your participation in the Program for any reason at any time, you are responsible for redeeming any accumulated points beforehand. Any unredeemed points will be forfeited, even if any points could have been redeemed. Your participation in the Program will automatically be canceled, and unredeemed points forfeited, if you cease to be the account holder.
(e) Validating Points and Redemption. FortisBC, in its sole discretion, will determine completion of a challenge or activity and the points associated with doing so. FortisBC will post points to your profile upon successful completion of the activity or challenge, as determined by FortisBC. Upon redemption of points, FortisBC will apply the corresponding value as an account credit for the next billing cycle.
(f) No Assignment. Program points and account credits cannot be assigned or transferred.
Additional Terms and Conditions
1. Acceptance of Terms and Conditions. By accessing the Program webpages and participating in point accumulation and redemption activities, you agree to the terms, conditions, processes, restrictions and requirements described on the Program webpage(s),
3. Binding decisions. All decisions of FortisBC are final and binding and not subject to appeal. FortisBC may provide reasons for their decisions but is under no obligation to do so.
4. Program changes. FortisBC, in its sole discretion, may modify Program terms and conditions, or modify, supplement or terminate the Program, at any time without notice and for any reason, without penalty or obligation to any account holder or participant. Dates are subject to change.
(a) Neither FortisBC nor its contractors are responsible for any errors, problems or technical malfunction of any kind, including point accumulation or redemption, communication systems, computer systems (hardware, software or services), access providers, internet or any website or for any traffic congestion, including any damage to any computer systems.
(b) FortisBC makes no representations or warranties of any kind (express or implied) regarding the use of the Program webpages, including those operated by Program contractors, regarding correctness, accuracy, reliability, availability or otherwise and disclaims all warranties with regard to the information provided including the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Access to and use of the Program webpages is provided on an “as-is” and “as available” basis.
(c) FortisBC, its affiliates or their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, contractors or representatives, do not assume any risk, liability or responsibility for any loss or damage which may arise, directly or indirectly, related in any way to your participation in the Program or to your access to and use of the Account Online site or the Program site.