Replace your aging water heater with a qualifying natural gas ENERGY STAR model and you could save on energy costs, plus you’ll be eligible for a rebate of up to $1,000.
- You must be a FortisBC natural gas residential customer.
- You must be replacing an existing water heater.
- Your application must be postmarked within 60 days of the purchase date.
*You can find a complete list of requirements under the terms and conditions.
High-efficiency storage tank
Ultimate high-efficiency tankless
||Ultimate in tankless efficiency|
Ultimate high-efficiency storage tank
||Ulitimate in storage tank efficiency|
What model's right for you?
Our resource guide can help.
Find a qualifying water heater
How to apply
- Review the terms and conditions.
- Purchase a qualifying water heater and have it installed by a gas contractor licensed with the BC Safety Authority. You can find a gas contractor through our Trade Ally Network directory.
- Complete the application form and include a copy of the invoice showing details of all work performed, the purchase date, make and model number and the installation permit number.
- Submit the completed and signed application with the invoice to:
ENERGY STAR Water Heater Program
PO Box 9090
Surrey, BC V3T 5W4
- Applications may take up to 90 days to process.
Qualify for additional rebates
If you’re making multiple energy-efficiency upgrades to your home, consider having an EnerGuide* home evaluation first. As well as the water heater rebate, you could qualify for an additional $750 bonus and insulation and draftproofing rebates through our Home Renovation Rebate Program.
*EnerGuide is an official mark of Natural Resources Canada.