Turn your hearth into a hub of high-efficiency comfort. Purchase a FortisBC eligible EnerChoice® natural gas fireplace and you may qualify for a $300 rebate.
- You must be a FortisBC residential natural gas customer.
- The EnerChoice fireplace you purchase must be on our eligible model list. (Note: not all EnerChoice models qualify for a rebate.)
- Your application must be postmarked within 60 days of the purchase date.
*You can find a complete list of requirements under the terms and conditions.
- What is an EnerChoice fireplace?
All fireplaces sold in Canada have an EnerGuide®* label that tells you how energy efficient it is. There is no ENERGY STAR® rating for fireplaces, so in BC, manufacturers developed the EnerChoice designation to identify the most efficient models.
To qualify for EnerChoice status, hearths must have minimum fireplace efficiency (FE) ratings of:
- 62.4% or higher for fireplaces
- 61% or higher for inserts
- 66% or higher for freestanding stoves
*EnerGuide is an official mark of Natural Resources Canada.
- How FortisBC eligible EnerChoice fireplaces save more energy
By using an energy-efficient fireplace to heat just the area you’re in, you can turn down the heating in the rest of the house, and reduce energy costs.
Most high-efficiency fireplaces have automatic thermostat control, which turns down the heat once the desired temperature is reached. This saves energy while keeping the room from getting too hot and uncomfortable. To maximize energy savings, turn off the fireplace when you leave the room.
How to apply
Complete the application form and include a copy of the purchase invoice with make and model of the fireplace and the contractor invoice that contains the date of installation, details of the work performed and the registration number of the gas fitter and installation permit number.
Send the signed application and supporting documents to:
- Review the terms & conditions.
- Purchase an eligible EnerChoice fireplace and have it installed by a gas contractor licensed with the BC Safety Authority (BCSA).
EnerChoice Fireplace Program
P.O. Box 9090
Surrey, BC, V3T 5W4
Applications may take up to 90 days to process.
For more information, call us at 1-800-663-8400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org