Natural gas wall furnace rebate
A wall furnace—also known as a direct vent room heater—can be added to your home’s existing heating system to reach those cold spots in your garage, basement or workshop, or provide cost-effective heating for a home where the ducts and venting required by a central heating system aren’t feasible, such as a cabin or laneway house. Better yet, you could be eligible for a $700 rebate on an code compliant wall furnace. Add a water heater to your upgrade for an additional $400 rebate.
If you install a wall furnace, you can also get an additional $300 rebate if you also install a natural gas barbecue, patio heater, outdoor fireplace or fire pit. By doing so, you can save money on heating costs and enhance the comfort and warmth of your outdoor living space all year long.
You may also apply for an additional rebate of $200 to $1,000 if you install an eligible natural gas high-efficiency water heater.
- You must submit a pre-qualification application before installing your upgrades.
- All new natural gas direct vent wall furnaces that meet BC code requirements are eligible.
- This program is for existing homes only and is not available for new construction.
- Only one rebate per appliance or system installed per household.
If your home has access to natural gas, get a pre-qualification and have a wall furnace or wall furnace and water heater installed to be eligible for a $700 or $1,100 rebate.
|Upgrade||Rebate||Additional water heater rebate||Requirements|
|Natural gas direct vent wall furnace||
|Natural gas direct vent wall furnace and water heater||
|Outdoor appliance (barbecue, patio heater, outdoor fireplace or fire pit)||$300||n/a||
Additional water heater rebate
Get an additional rebate of $200 to $1,000 if you install an eligible high-efficiency natural gas water heater. You must apply separately for this rebate through our ENERGY STAR® Water Heater Program.
How to apply
- Obtain a pre-qualification code before submitting your rebate application.
- Ensure you meet the eligibility requirements prior to purchasing any equipment. FortisBC is not responsible for any costs incurred as a result of a failure to meet the eligibility criteria or otherwise comply with the terms and conditions.
- Purchase an eligible direct vent wall furnace and optional water heater and/or outdoor appliance and have it installed by a gas contractor licensed with Technical Safety BC. You can find a contractor by searching our directory.
- If you’re not a gas utility account holder, you’ll need to submit the Utility Account Holder Consent form completed and signed by the account holder.
- Within 60 days of the installation date, submit the wall furnace rebate application and include a copy of your paid invoice(s) showing details of all work performed, including the purchase date, make, model, installation permit number and the gas contractor’s Technical Safety BC licence number.
Applications may take up to 90 days to process.
Note: the rebate application link takes you to Account login. Once you’ve registered and/or logged in you can start your rebate application.
For tips on using the online rebate application, read our how-to guide.
Do you have a bonus rebate pre-qualification code?
Customers who received a pre-qualification code between September 1, 2020, and March 31, 2021, are eligible for a $300 bonus on top of their rebate. To qualify, the upgrades must be installed by June 30, 2021 and applications must be submitted within 60 days of the installation date.
Incentives for gas contractors
Licensed contractors who install these heating and hot water systems can receive incentives of $100, $150 or $175 for each approved customer rebate application.
Learn more by calling us at 1-855-909-2329 or emailing email@example.com.
Ensure a quality furnace installation
Having your new heating system installed to quality standards can help provide you with years of comfort and energy savings. Before you buy a natural gas heating system, watch our short video to learn what quality installation means and how to choose a natural gas contractor.
We’re here to help
If you have questions, contact us online or call us at 1-855-909-2329.
Rebate bundle: Connect to gas
Natural gas wall furnace rebate