Connect to natural gas: space and water heating rebates
Up to $3,700 in rebates available when you pre-qualify for the Connect to Gas Program between October 1, 2022, and December 31, 2023.
Now, when you replace your oil or propane primary space heating system with an eligible ENERGY STAR® high-efficiency natural gas furnace, boiler or combination heating and hot water system, and you could get a rebate of up to $1,700 + $1,000 bonus for a limited time—while reducing your carbon emissions and your monthly energy bills as well.
You can further reduce your carbon footprint with the use of Renewable Natural Gas (RNG),1 available to customers connected to our natural gas system. RNG is easy to sign up for, and it works seamlessly with regular natural gas appliances.
You may also apply for an additional rebate of up to $1,000 through our Home Renovation Rebate Program if you install an eligible natural gas high-efficiency water heater, or a P9 certified combination heating and hot water system as part of your space heating upgrade.
- To qualify for the limited time $1,000 bonus, you must receive a pre-qualification code between October 1, 2022, and December 31, 2023. The pre-qualification code must be received before installing your upgrades. The current rebate promotion will be terminated once all of the available pre-qualification codes have been issued.
- Program is for existing homes only and is not available for new construction.
- Only one Connect to Gas rebate per appliance or system is available. Note: if installing an eligible natural gas water heater or a P9 certified combination heating and hot water system, an additional rebate may be available through our Home Renovation Rebate Program.
- You must apply for your Connect to Gas rebate within 90 days of your paid invoice date or by June 30, 2024, whichever comes first. The installation must be completed and have a paid invoice dated between October 1, 2022, and March 31, 2024, to qualify for the $1,000 bonus rebate.
Review all the terms and conditions for Connect to Gas rebates and for limited-time bonus rebates.
Make sure the product you’re planning to purchase is eligible for a FortisBC rebate. You can refer to the lists of eligible equipment by clicking the links in the table below.
Note: some results may include an asterisk “*” in place of characters. As long as the characters before and after the asterisk match your model number, your model is eligible.
The $1,000 bonus rebate is available for customers who pre-qualify for Connect to Gas space and water heating system rebates between October 1, 2022, and December 31, 2023. Terms and conditions apply; offer subject to change. See table for details.
|Space heating upgrade||Rebate||Additional water heater rebate||Requirements|
|ENERGY STAR natural gas furnace or boiler|
|ENERGY STAR natural gas furnace or boiler and standalone water heater|
|$200 - $1,000|
|ENERGY STAR natural gas combination boiler system|
|P9 certified combination heating and hot water system|
Additional water heater rebates
Get an additional rebate of up to $1,000 if you’re installing an ENERGY STAR furnace or boiler and an eligible standalone high-efficiency natural gas water heater, or a P9 certified combination heating and hot water unit (tankless water heater/air handler combination). You must apply separately for the additional water heater rebate through our Home Renovation Rebate Program.
How to apply
- Obtain a pre-qualification code before submitting your rebate application. You must obtain a pre-qualification code between October 1, 2022, and December 31, 2023, to qualify for the $1,000 bonus rebate.
- Ensure you meet the eligibility requirements prior to purchasing any equipment. FortisBC is not responsible for any costs that are incurred as a result of a failure by customer to meet the eligibility criteria or otherwise comply with the terms and conditions.
- Purchase an eligible natural gas furnace, boiler or combination heating and hot water system and have the work permitted and installed by a gas contractor licensed with Technical Safety BC. To qualify for the bonus rebate, installation must be completed between October 1, 2022, and March 31, 2024. You can find a contractor by searching our directory.
- If you’re not a gas utility account holder, you’ll need to submit the Utility Account Holder Consent form completed and signed by the account holder.
- Within 90 days of the paid invoice date, submit the Connect to Gas application. To qualify for the bonus rebate, the Connect to Gas application must be submitted within 90 days of the paid the invoice date, but no later than June 30, 2024. Include a copy of the paid invoice showing details of all work performed, including the purchase date, make and model number, the installation permit number and the gas contractor’s Technical Safety BC license number.
Applications may take up to 90 days to process.
Note: the rebate application link takes you to your Account Online login. Once you’ve registered and/or logged in you can start your rebate application.
For tips on using the online rebate application, read our how-to guide.
Ensure a quality furnace installation
Having your high-efficiency heating system installed to quality standards can help provide you with years of comfort and energy savings. Before you buy a furnace, check out these resources:
- Watch our short quality install video to learn what quality installation standards are and how to choose a natural gas contractor.
- Review our tips on buying a new high-efficiency furnace and info sheet, Five things to know before your new high-efficiency furnace is installed.
We’re here to help
If you have questions, contact us online or call us at 1-855-909-2329.
Rebate bundle: Connect to gas
Connect to natural gas: space and water heating rebates