Our team of highly trained thermal energy specialists is here to develop and deliver innovative energy solutions tailored to your specific needs. Whether you work in the private or public sector, we have the expertise needed for new construction and retrofit projects, individual developments and community-scale district energy systems. Discover the benefits of working with us.
Thermal energy system technologies
We own, operate and maintain in-building thermal energy systems for space heating and cooling and domestic hot water. Some of the systems we work with include, but are not limited to, the following:
- water or air source variable refrigerant flow (VRF) systems
- water or air source heat pumps
- hydronic systems
Featured projects gallery
Here are some of the projects that have installed thermal energy systems for space heating and cooling and domestic hot water that are owned, operated and maintained by FortisBC.
As a developer, you’ll appreciate our years of experience, technical expertise and our ability to implement the best thermal energy solution for your project. You’ll also be able to leave the day-to-day operation with us while enjoying the economic benefits:
- Financial savings: because we’re able to own a project’s thermal energy system, we can help offset the installation costs and improve the project’s bottom line.
- System performance and optimization: we’ll focus on your energy efficiency and sustainability objectives. We do this through careful management of system performance and optimization over the long term.
- Expertise: as BC’s leading thermal energy service provider, we’re able to draw on our expertise and engage with expert consultants/contractors to assist in managing the increasingly complex thermal energy systems you may be faced with on your project.
- Liaison for energy sharing: if you have a diverse group of end-users, we can help align their interests and enable effective energy sharing for your project. We can also act as a third-party intermediary for operational issues.
As a customer, you’ll have the peace of mind of one stable rate and reliable round-the-clock service and support:
- Simplicity: we offer one thermal energy rate that consolidates all related expenses into a single line item for you. One rate makes it easier for you to identify the costs associated with the thermal energy service. The rate includes:
- cost of initial capital
- operation and maintenance
- commodity fuels
- replacement or sustaining capital
- Stable and predictable rates: our thermal energy rate is designed to mitigate fluctuating energy costs over the life of service, creating stable and predictable rates you can count on.
- Peace of mind: we provide worry-free service by managing the complexities of the energy system. This includes: daily operation, maintenance, optimization and sustainment over the long term.
- 24-hour support: we centrally monitor our energy systems and provide 24/7 emergency service support.
We’re here to help
If you have questions, please contact us.