Win an Apple Watch SportTM!*
Make the fast, easy switch to paperless billing today and you’ll automatically be entered in our draw to win an Apple Watch SportTM.* The contest is open November 2, 2015 to January 11, 2016.
Join more than 200,000 FortisBC customers who enjoy the clutter-free convenience of paperless billing:
- save time and effort
- enjoy less paper and clutter
- help the environment
- reduce your risk of identity fraud through mail theft
There are two easy ways to sign up:
- Sign up for paperless billing in Account Online:
STEP 1 – log in to Account Online
STEP 2 – select Bill delivery options from the Billing menu
STEP 3 – follow the easy instructions to sign up
STEP 4 – find the confirmation email in your inbox and click on the link provided to complete the process
If you haven’t yet registered for Account Online, you will need a piece of identification such as your driver's licence and information found on your most recent FortisBC bill.
- Call us at 1-888-224-2710, Monday–Friday 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. and we’ll make the change for you.
Please call us at 1-888-224-2710 to speak with a customer service representative.
*Apple Watch Sport is a trademark of Apple Inc. Apple Inc. is not a participant in or sponsor of this promotion.
- Paperless billing contest terms and conditions
1. CONTEST RULES FOR PARTICIPANTS
- The Paperless Billing Contest (the “Contest”) is open to all existing natural gas and electricity customers of FortisBC Energy Inc. and FortisBC Inc. (collectively “FortisBC”).
- Employees and contractors of FortisBC are not eligible to enter the Contest.
2. HOW TO ENTER
- All existing natural gas and electricity customers who switch to paperless billing between November 2, 2015 and January 11, 2016, will be automatically entered into a draw to win an Apple Watch Sport™. (Apple is not a participant in or sponsor of this promotion.)
- Contest opens November 2, 2015 at 8:00 a.m. and will close January 11, 2016 at
8:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time.
- Natural gas and electricity customers who sign up for paperless billing between these dates and who comply with these Contest Rules will be eligible to win one of the prizes.
- To enter the Contest if not a natural gas and/or electricity customer of FortisBC, please send a 300-word essay on why paperless billing helps the environment to FortisBC Attention: Billing Operations Suite 300 - 4370 Still Creek Drive, Burnaby, BC, V5C 0G5 by January 11, 2016. Please mark the envelope with “Paperless Billing Contest.”
- There will be seven (7) Apple Watch Sports™ awarded in total, two (2) to electricity customers and five (5) to natural gas customers respectively. Customers have the chance to win one of the watches with an approximate value of CDN $449 each.
- Winners are not eligible to win multiple times.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded. No cash alternatives, substitution or transfer of a Prize will be allowed without the express written consent of FortisBC, which may be arbitrarily withheld. FortisBC reserves the right to substitute prizes of approximately equal value for any Prize at its sole discretion.
- The odds of being randomly selected to win one of the Prizes depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- The random draw for the Prizes will take place at 4 p.m. on January 15, 2016.
- The winners will be contacted directly by FortisBC.
- Notification: The selected contestants will be contacted by phone or email, at the telephone number and email provided to FortisBC. FortisBC will attempt to reach the selected contestant no more than three (3) times. If FortisBC is unable to contact the selected contestants within five (5) days of the first attempted contact, FortisBC may draw the name of other eligible contestants to win the Prizes.
- In order to claim the Prizes, the selected winners must first correctly answer a skill-testing question, and he or she may be required to sign a Declaration and Release Form confirming compliance with the Contest Rules, acceptance of the Prizes as awarded and releasing FortisBC from all liability relating to the Contest.
- If a Declaration and Release Form is required by FortisBC, the selected winner will have seven (7) days from the date of receipt to return a signed copy of the Declaration and Release Form to FortisBC. If the selected winner does not do so within this period of time or does not accept the prize, FortisBC may at its sole discretion randomly select another winner or cancel the Contest, and the initial selected winner will be disqualified and will have no recourse towards FortisBC or anyone involved in the Contest.
- The Contest is subject to all Federal, Provincial and local laws, as well as the rules adopted in view of said laws.
- FortisBC, in its sole and absolute discretion, reserves the right to modify or terminate this contest or these terms and conditions at any time, without individual notice, and for any reason.