Natural gas water heater rebates
Save up to $15,000 on eligible high-efficiency commercial water heaters.
- You must be a FortisBC natural gas customer under any rate class except Rate 1.
- You must be a property owner or long-term leaseholder of an existing commercial building or a builder/developer or property owner of a new commercial construction project.
- Water heaters must be used exclusively for generating domestic hot water (such as for washrooms, showers, washing machines, dishwashers, etc.).
- You must submit an application and supporting documentation no later than 365 days after the purchase date of the product(s) (as shown on the paid invoice) or installation date (as listed on the application form), whichever is first.
Rebates of up to $15,000 are available on eligible high-efficiency natural gas storage water heaters, hot water supply boilers and tankless water heaters for commercial applications.
Rebate amounts are determined by the size and efficiency of the water heater.
|Storage tank water heater||$5/MBH||Up to $15,000|
|Hot water supply boiler|
(84 to 89.9 per cent TE)
|Hot water supply boiler|
(90 per cent TE and higher)
|High-efficiency tankless water heater||$2.50/MBH|
How to apply
- Ensure the water heater you plan to buy is an eligible model. If you have questions, contact us before you purchase and install the water heater.
- Contact a gas or mechanical contractor, licensed with Technical Safety BC, to install your water heater(s). You can find a gas contractor through our directory.
- Complete your commercial water heater rebate application and email it to email@example.com within 365 days of the purchase date (as shown on the paid invoice) or installation date (as listed on the application form),
whichever is first. Be sure to provide copies of the fully paid invoice including make and model number of the eligible water heater(s) purchased and installed.
New construction projects may alternatively provide proof of payment in the form of a final progress draw invoice for the new building AND engineer-approved shop drawings that indicate the job name and site address as proof of make and model of the eligible water heater(s).
We recommended submitting your application and supporting documents together to reduce processing time. If you can’t submit your application via email, contact us to arrange an alternate method of delivery.
Thermal Energy Service Providers (TESP) administration fees2
If you are a customer of a TESP, your rebate application is subject to an $825 administration fee for evaluation of the rebate application. Any applicable fees will be deducted from the rebate amount. If the fees are equal to or more than the rebate amount you would otherwise receive, the net rebate will be $0.
We’re here to help
1Additional incentives may be available; you can find a list of eligibility requirements under the terms and conditions.
2A TESP is as an individual or organization, other than the participant, who owns thermal energy generating assets such as eligible water heaters for the purpose of selling the thermal energy they generate to the participant.