FortisBC MyVoice Community Contest
No Purchase necessary.
- GENERAL: Participation in the FortisBC MyVoice Community Contest (the “Contest”) constitutes full and unconditional agreement and acceptance of these Contest rules (“Official Rules”), which are final on all matters relating to the Contest.
- SPONSOR: The Contest is sponsored by FortisBC Energy Inc., 16705 Fraser Highway, Surrey, British Columbia, and FortisBC Inc., Suite 100, 1975 Springfield Road, Kelowna, British Columbia (“Sponsor”).
- CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest opens at 12:00 a.m. on September 12, 2018 and closes at 11:59 p.m. on February 28, 2019, (the “Contest Period”). All time references in these Official Rules refer to Pacific Standard Time.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents of British Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry, and who have registered to be a participant in the FortisBC MyVoice Community. Employees of FortisBC Energy Inc., or Vision Critical and their parents, subsidiaries and affiliates are not eligible.
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Contest, sign up to participate in the FortisBC MyVoice Community (each a “Registrant”). Registration is free and participants do not need to be FortisBC customers in order to
participate. Registrants who sign up during the Contest Period will receive one (1) automatic entry in the Contest. Existing members of the MyVoice Community will also receive one (1) automatic entry in the Contest and shall be considered “Registrants”
for purposes of this Contest. During the Contest Period, Registrants will be notified via email that they have the opportunity to participate in various surveys. Upon completion of a survey, the Registrant will automatically receive an additional
entry in the Contest. Registrants are only eligible to receive one (1) entry for each completed survey.
The Sponsor is not responsible for failed, late, lost, incomplete, undeliverable, incorrect, damaged or misdirected surveys or entries for any reason. All Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged.
- PRIZES: A total of 15 (15) prizes to be awarded, each consisting of a CAD$100.00 gift card for either iTunes®, Wayfair or Amazon (winners will get to choose one of the three choices), (each a “Prize” and collectively the “Prizes”). Total approximate retail value of all Prizes is CAD$1,500.00.
- ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received and the number of surveys completed by each entrant during the Contest Period. Entrants may increase odds of winning by successfully participating in and submitting all available surveys during the Contest Period in accordance with these Official Rules, provided that each individual survey may only be submitted once.
- PRIZE SELECTION: On or about November 7, 2018, January 7, 2019 and March 7, 2019 respectively, Sponsor will select by random draw from among all eligible entries submitted during the contest period fifteen (15) potential winners. However, each Registrant may only win one Prize. Once an Entrant is declared a winner, that Entrant will not be eligible for any additional Prizes.
- NOTIFICATION: Selected entrants will be notified by email within five (5) business days of selection using the email address provided by the Registrant (the “Notification”). The Sponsor shall have no liability if the Notification is lost, intercepted or not received by a selected entrant for any reason. A response to the Notification must be received by the Sponsor within 5 days thereof, failing which any non-responsive selected entrant will be disqualified and will forfeit any applicable Prize. Any selected entrant that has been disqualified shall have no recourse against the Sponsor and the Sponsor shall have no liability or responsibility to disqualified selected entrants.
- DECLARATION OF WINNERS AND AWARDING PRIZES: To be declared a Contest winner and to receive a Prize, selected entrants must 1) meet all Contest eligibility requirements and otherwise comply with the Official Rules; and 2) correctly answer, unaided,
a time-sensitive, skill-testing mathematical question. The Sponsor may require selected entrants to verify eligibility and may, in its sole discretion, disqualify any selected entrant that cannot verify all Contest eligibility requirements.
If a selected entrant is disqualified or forfeits a Prize, an alternate selected entrant will be selected by random draw from all remaining entries until a winner is declared.
The Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the Prize winners other than the Prize awarded. Prizes will be mailed to the Prize winners. Allow six to eight weeks for delivery. Prizes are not transferable and cannot be exchanged, substituted or redeemed for cash, except that the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, substitute a Prize for an another prize or prizes of equal or greater value.
- GENERAL: By participating, all entrants and the selected Prize winners agree a) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor; and b) to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries and independent contractors, and their respective directors, officers, shareholders, employees, agents and representatives, including advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability for claims/damages, including but not limited to claims/damages for personal injury (including death) or property damage, with respect to or arising from participation in the Contest and acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a Prize, or for claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or intrusion of privacy.
- USE OF INFORMATION: Entrants acknowledge and agree that, by entering the Contest, they consent to the Sponsor’s collection, use and disclosure of their personal information for the purpose of administering the Contest and for internal analysis of participant demographics for future marketing. Entrants who win a Prize also consent to the use and disclosure of their personal information, including name, likenesses, city of residence and/or statement about the Prizes, by the Sponsor and its agents or representatives, for advertising, marketing and publicity purposes, in any media, to the extent permitted by applicable law, with no further compensation other than awarding of the Prize.
- PRIVACY: Neither the Sponsor nor its affiliates will share personal information collected from Contest entrants with any third parties, except as necessary for the administration of the Contest. The Sponsor will not attempt to contact entrants for any other purpose other than to administer the Contest, unless the entrant has opted-in to receive relevant product-related email communications from the Sponsor.
- LEGAL JURISDICTION: By entering the Contest, entrants agree: (i) that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest or any Prize award shall be resolved in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia, and (ii) to irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of British Columbia over any claim or matter arising under or in connection with the Contest or these Official Rules.
- LIABILITY: The Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any problems, errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest. The Sponsor accepts no responsibility for loss, damage or claims caused by or resulting from the Contest or acceptance of a Prize. The Sponsor will not be responsible for late, lost, undeliverable, illegible, incomplete, falsified, tampered with, altered or destroyed entries for any reason and all such entries will be void. In the event it is determined that an entrant has entered in a fashion not sanctioned by these Official Rules and/or has submitted more than the number of entries permitted by these Official Rules, the entrant will be disqualified and all of the entries submitted by the entrant will be void. The Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical, human or other error in the printing of the Contest and/or collateral advertising materials, administration of the Contest, processing of the entries or in the announcement of the Prize winners or in any other materials or information associated with the Contest. The Sponsor will not be liable, and does not assume any responsibility, for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer lines or networks, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive information by the Sponsor on account of technical problems, or on account of traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend, or extend the Contest or to amend the Official Rules at any time and in any way, without prior notice.