Sign In

How to file a request

If you've searched our Unclaimed funds database and you believe FortisBC may be holding property that belongs to you:

  1. Print an Unclaimed Funds Request form (PDF 684 KB)
  2. Complete all applicable sections in full and sign.
  3. Photocopy all of the supporting documentation you have to prove your claim. The more documentation you can provide the sooner and easier we can evaluate your claim.

Supporting documentation can include:

Proof of identification (required)

  • BC driver's license or driver's license from other jurisdiction
  • personal health care card number
  • identification cards such as birth certificates, citizenship cards, BC ID
  • company registration certificate

Proof of address

  • proof of current address
  • proof of previous address (if you have moved since the cheque or refund was issued)


  • copy of bill of service from FortisBC, showing the billing address and account number


  • copy of invoice payable by FortisBC
  • FortisBC vendor/supplier number
  1. Keep a copy of the form and supporting documentation for your files.
  2. Mail the form and photocopies to:
    FortisBC - Finance Unclaimed Funds
    16705 Fraser Highway
    Surrey, BC
    V4N 0E8



 More information