Give your furnace and fireplace some TLC
Keeping your natural gas appliances operating as efficiently as possible is even easier with our popular TLC service program.
Service your furnace and/or fireplace by August 30, 2013 and you may qualify for a $25 rebate for each one, up to a total of $50.
First, find a contractor
Look for contractors with TECA Quality First™, HRAI Skilltech or ASCT mechanical technologist accreditation. Start your search by visiting our directory of registered contractors.
Why maintenance is important
Out of sight, out of mind right? Wrong. Having your natural gas appliances serviced by a qualified natural gas contractor has numerous benefits. These include:
- Leak detection – an inspection can detect even the slightest leak in your gas piping.
- Warranty – some manufacturers require regular servicing to ensure your warranty remains valid.
- Efficiency – using a combustion analyzer, a gas contractor can test to see if your furnace is operating as efficiently as possible.
- Safety – a gas contractor will inspect the area around your appliances to ensure there is proper ventilation and that no combustibles are nearby.
- Air quality – a gas contractor can check your furnace filter, show you how to replace and recommend how often.
What your service should include
A furnace service should include, but is not limited to:
- checking operation of safety limit controls, temperature set points, thermostat, blower, pressure switches pilot light, gas piping and C02 levels
- lubricating blower and motor bearings
- burner and blower inspection
A fireplace service should include, but is not limited to:
- cleaning glass
- inspecting the burner, gas valve, pilot system, door gaskets, venting and air openings
After the service, ask your gas fitter for a copy of their completed checklist.
How to apply
- Review the terms and conditions.
- Contact a licensed gas contractor to book your furnace and/or fireplace service.
- Return your completed and signed application form along with a copy of your invoice send it to:
P.O. Box 9090
Surrey, BC, V3T 5W4
- We’ll send you your rebate cheque in the mail. Please allow a minimum of 90 days to process.
- Service must occur by August 30, 2013
- Applications must be postmarked no later than September 30, 2013
Call 1-800-663-8400 or email email@example.com