With support from utility partners, FortisBC and BC Hydro, the LiveSmart BC: Efficiency Incentive Program is continuing until March 31, 2014. Rebates are available for insulation, air sealing and more.
The following home energy efficiency upgrades are eligible for incentives:
Air sealing and ventilation
- Up to $400 for air tightness upgrades
- Up to $25 for an ENERGY STAR® bathroom fan
- Up to $1,200 for exterior wall insulation
- Up to $1,000 for basement insulation
- Up to $600 for attic insulation
Visit LiveSmart BC for more information.
How to apply
Do your retrofit. Keep your receipts.
Choose, purchase and install eligible improvements. The more upgrades you implement, the more money you can receive, and the more energy you can save.
Complete your renovations and obtain a post-retrofit evaluation assessment by March 31, 2014. Your advisor will apply for the incentives on your behalf.
What is a Home Energy Assessment?
Performed by a Certified Energy Advisor licensed by Natural Resources Canada, a Home Energy Assessment identifies improvements you can make to your home's space and water heating, cooling, insulation, air leakage and other energy uses that could result in hundreds of dollars in energy savings each year. Your home will also receive an EnerGuide® for Houses rating. In addition to saving energy, you'll also be helping to minimize your carbon footprint.
A typical assessment involves the following steps:
- a walk-through assessment of your home's insulation, heating and cooling systems and other energy uses
- a blower door depressurization test to identify leaks and drafts
- a personalized Energy Efficiency Evaluation Report and EnerGuide for Houses rating
Terms and conditions
These incentives are subject to revision and will be paid in accordance with the Terms and conditions in place at the time of the homeowner’s second energy assessment.