Get $800 when you replace your old furnace (or boiler) with an eligible ENERGY STAR® model
Is your old furnace guilty of stealing your energy? Then convict your energy offender and replace it with an eligible ENERGY STAR model that's 95 per cent efficient or higher. You could receive an $800 rebate. But hurry! You must pre-qualify for your rebate by July 1, 2013.
As this is a pilot program rebates are limited. Therefore in order to qualify for the rebate you must apply for a pre-qualification code before you purchase your new furnace or boiler. If your application meets all other terms and conditions, this code could get you a rebate.
What makes a furnace or boiler high-efficiency?
Today’s high-efficiency natural gas furnaces and boilers are up to 98 per cent efficient. To be eligible for the rebate, the model you choose
must be ENERGY STAR rated and at least 95 per cent efficient for furnaces and 94 per cent efficient for boilers.
Why replace your old furnace or boiler?
Just because something works, doesn’t mean it’s working efficiently. So convict it and put it away for life. You could get an $800 rebate and perhaps some peace of mind, knowing that your new heating system is more efficient and you’ll be saving money and energy for years to come.
Emergency replacements and repairs
Your old heating system must be in working order to qualify for the $800 rebate. Furnaces and boilers deemed unsafe to operate and not repairable, or requiring repairs over $1,000 in pre-tax dollars (including parts and labour), do not qualify for a rebate.
How to apply
- Review the Furnace Replacement Pilot Program terms and conditions.
- Apply for your pre-qualification code by July 1, 2013. Note: you’ll need your FortisBC account number.
- Choose and purchase an eligible high-efficiency furnace or boiler and have it installed by a BC Safety Authority licenced gas contractor. You can find a contractor on our directory.
- Complete the customer application form you receive with your pre-qualification code in full. Include a copy of your invoice showing details of all worked performed, including the purchase date, make, model and installation permit number. Don’t forget to include your pre-qualification code on your application and have your contractor complete their part of the application as well. (Please note: incomplete applications will delay processing.)
- Send your completed application and invoice postmarked (registered mail is recommended) by August 30, 2013 to:
Furnace Replacement Pilot Program
P.O. Box 9090
Surrey, BC, V3T 5W4
Or email your application by midnight, August 30, 2013.
If your application is approved we’ll mail you a cheque. Please allow a minimum of 90 days to process.
- Apply for your pre-qualification code between April 22, 2013 and July 1, 2013, or while quantities last. If you qualify, a code will be emailed to you.
- Your furnace or boiler must be purchased and installed and your application submitted by midnight, August 30, 2013.
Call us toll-free at 1-800-663-8400, read the program FAQs or email us.